Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

P3D v3.4 new Hotfix coming up?

Look forward to trying it tonight Garard, Thanks for the info.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Not complaining, but after Hifi updates, AS16 and ASCA, my planes ground shadow was clipping while parked on ground, looking out of cockpit. I set the shadow quality up a notch and that problem went away. Frame rate hit from upping shadow quality was about 1 FPS.... not a big deal.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

So...for those without SLI, I guess we can skip this update easily, right?

So...for those without SLI, I guess we can skip this update easily, right?

Based upon the change log I'll be skipping this one myself.  I currently don't have any issues so if it ain't broke....(Knocks on wood..)   :smile:

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Based upon the change log I'll be skipping this one myself.

+1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I have been considering adding a card and going to sli. Does this fix improve the functionality of sli? I had read before that before the problems that sli did not add much and wondering if this fix improved that or just corrected errors caused by previous hot fix and older drivers?

Thanks

Terry

I don't even understand this buzz and fuzz about SLI in P3D. If it were increased FPS x 2, then I would reconsider. Otherwise, cost-to-benefit ration doesn't look good to me

• Upvote 1

+1

+1

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

SLI doesn't increase FPS by itself and since I lock at 20fps it really doesn't matter to me. But with SLI, I am able to run max settings without the GPU's breaking a sweat. Even in high density areas with heavy clouds, they rarely go above 50% utilization.

If you're looking for more fps, get a faster CPU but SLI will not solve that requirement.

Another thing that made me stay with SLI - prior to adding the second card, my GPU (with my almost maxed settings) would fast approach 100% utilization in dense clouds, etc. When it hit 100% and stayed there for a bit, my FPS slowly started to degrade until the usage dropped below 100%.  Adding second card, they never reach 100% - I've tried turning everything up as high as possible but I can't get there.

So, in effect, SLI cannot improve fps but lack of SLI could hurt it, depending on your setup.

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

SLI doesn't increase FPS by itself and since I lock at 20fps it really doesn't matter to me. But with SLI, I am able to run max settings without the GPU's breaking a sweat. Even in high density areas with heavy clouds, they rarely go above 50% utilization.

If you're looking for more fps, get a faster CPU but SLI will not solve that requirement.

Another thing that made me stay with SLI - prior to adding the second card, my GPU (with my almost maxed settings) would fast approach 100% utilization in dense clouds, etc. When it hit 100% and stayed there for a bit, my FPS slowly started to degrade until the usage dropped below 100%.  Adding second card, they never reach 100% - I've tried turning everything up as high as possible but I can't get there.

So, in effect, SLI cannot improve fps but lack of SLI could hurt it, depending on your setup.

Vic

Also helpful, if not in the first place, with extra monitors.

Dirk.

Thank you LM and Nividia! 

I normally wait for weeks but I took the plunge and updated my Nvidia 373.06 to 378.49 and P3D 3.3.5 to 3.4.22(HF3) (client only using Poppet's excellent guide). 

So far, so good. No flickering menus or flickering effects, and performance is a bit better.

I have already updated FSUIPC and Orbx prompted me to install a new object flow. 

I am running on Win7 64bit, two EVGA 980GTX in SLI. 

Great. My FSL Airbus is testing my single GPU 970 to max with same settings as the NGX. Almost 80-100% all the time and it can hurt FPS.Worst at night.

Using SLI i am normally around 50-70% so i will give it a go.

The down side for me is that dragging PFD, ND is still a no go

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png