Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

WED 1.6

Well, I try to open any of my airports, and in the green airport area window, when the WED screen comes up...no airport is displayed.  This is happening at all my airports in my Custom folder, whether in 10, or 11.

In the green Vertex window, it states 'no current airport'.  ?!?!?!?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I get repetitive crash to desktop when importing a dsf scenery and clicking on it but I've read this is already known bug.

If you see any obj on the right window just click on one and select ZOOM Selection from the view menu.

Are you sure there's a wed saved file in your folder?

I get repetitive crash to desktop when importing a dsf scenery and clicking on it but I've read this is already known bug.

If you see any obj on the right window just click on one and select ZOOM Selection from the view menu.

Are you sure there's a wed saved file in your folder?

I was only actually at where you point to your x-folder, and in this case, XP11. I then had the scenery mask come open. I then tried to open any few selections, and each one would come up, with the Vertex (main) window with nothing, and 'no airport loaded', etc.  I'll try anything on the right, and see what happens.  I have Toronto Pearson, that is not flat, with rolling hills over the entire airport...in 11...and wanted to flatten the field.  Trials and errors, I guess.  Thanks for the reply...am am not a WED 'comfortable' user at present. :sad:*

Post Edit:  Nothing is displayed on the right side of the screen.  No entries at all.   The program does not crash...and the edit window comes up with my 'selection' from my Custom Folder, but nothing is displayed.  It is not reading anything...

Well the airport must have a wed layout saved to see something when you open wed.

If this is not the case you have to import first the airport first menu-import apt and then import the scenery with import DSF

You will then see on the right all the objects and apt stuff listed

Once getting used is a wonderful tool, much more friendly than overlay IMO even though only 2D view

Of course when finished your editing you better save the layout so next time it will open automatically

Well the airport must have a wed layout saved to see something when you open wed.

If this is not the case you have to import first the airport first menu-import apt and then import the scenery with import DSF

You will then see on the right all the objects and apt stuff listed

Once getting used is a wonderful tool, much more friendly than overlay IMO even though only 2D view

Of course when finished your editing you better save the layout so next time it will open automatically

Thanks, Desaix for all your help. I will certainly explore this...  Thanks again!

Ses

have Toronto Pearson, that is not flat, with rolling hills over the entire airport...in 11...and wanted to flatten the field. Trials and errors, I guess.

Once you import your airport - you can import from the gateway if you're using a gateway airport in the sim - flattening is an easy task, and can be accomplished in 1.51 just as easily (I'm not using 1.6 on a regular basis yet because you can't export to the gateway with it yet, only with 1.51, and if you happen to save a XP11 specific feature in 1.6, you can no longer open the airport in 1.51).

Anyhow, once you import your airport, simply click on the Airport Name group in the list on the top right - one of the options is "Always Flatten". Click the box to the left so that a checkmark is showing, select Export Scenery Pack from the File menu (or hit CTRL-B), save your work, and you're done.

I'm a big fan of the per airport flattening - I make sure to check all of my submitted airports against 3 meshes now - XP10 default, HD Mesh in XP10, and XP11. Sometimes they're flat, sometimes they're not but acceptable and/or fun, and sometimes they absolutely need flattening.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Once you import your airport - you can import from the gateway if you're using a gateway airport in the sim - flattening is an easy task, and can be accomplished in 1.51 just as easily (I'm not using 1.6 on a regular basis yet because you can't export to the gateway with it yet, only with 1.51, and if you happen to save a XP11 specific feature in 1.6, you can no longer open the airport in 1.51).

Anyhow, once you import your airport, simply click on the Airport Name group in the list on the top right - one of the options is "Always Flatten". Click the box to the left so that a checkmark is showing, select Export Scenery Pack from the File menu (or hit CTRL- B), save your work, and you're done.

I'm a big fan of the per airport flattening - I make sure to check all of my submitted airports against 3 meshes now - XP10 default, HD Mesh in XP10, and XP11. Sometimes they're flat, sometimes they're not but acceptable and/or fun, and sometimes they absolutely need flattening.

Thanks, Jimmy!

Well..I tried 1.5 and same thing, no airports shows up.  I don't think that I can use it with my W10...?!?

I highlight an airport...press the middle lower 'open airport'...the editor screen opens, with the name of the airport at the top...and no airport is said to be loaded.  Must be a W10 thing...

No, I think the problem is what Desaix pointed at.

This is a very basic thing, but something that stops a lot of people just firing up WED real quick to "fix" something or "make an airport" real quick. Its not very straightforward, you need to watch some tutorials, like this series I made exactly for people getting into WED:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGRsg_6rB1D4vm0UHvHm6J-rvIyUBGN_K

Just to get back to your point: If you "load" an airport in WED, it needs an .xml file to read. This file is created when you hit "save" in WED. But this file is NOT included with an airport that is in X-Plane, and conversely this .xml file can NOT be read by X-Plane, only by WED...

I know, it´s complicated. Go to the dedicated forums for Scenery Design, watch some tutorials... otherwise this will take weeks to even tell you the basics...

Jan

No.

This is a very basic thing, but we can´t hold your hand step for step when learning WED. You need to watch some tutorials, like this series I made exactly for people getting into WED:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGRsg_6rB1D4vm0UHvHm6J-rvIyUBGN_K

Just to get back to your point: If you "load" an airport in WED, it needs an .xml file to read. This file is created when you hit "save" in WED. But this file is NOT included with an airport that is in X-Plane, and conversely this .xml file can NOT be read by X-Plane, only by WED...

I know, it´s complicated. Go to the dedicated forums for Scenery Design, watch some tutorials... otherwise this will take weeks to even tell you the basics...

Jan

Oh...I see. Ok...will do all...thanks...makes sense now.