Sign in to follow this  
Zaros

Sound Issue

I have the following issue, when i change the sound device in the fmc from my headset to my normal speakers P3D crashes, if i do it the other way around everything is fine..

also when i do restart P3D it will be on the speakers so all good right, i wished because when i line up for take-off and the engines go full throttle i start hearing a weird crackling/clicking sound

i did reinstall the sound drivers to see if that would fix it but it didn't.

any clues? i will be trying to see if i can fix it myself in the meantime, oh yeah i forgot to say this crackling/clicking sound doesn't occour when everything gets pushed to the headset.

Sounds a lot like a hardware issue of some sort, honestly. I'd avoid changing interfaces in P3D if it causes crashes, though.

Kyle Rodgers

Sounds a lot like a hardware issue of some sort, honestly. I'd avoid changing interfaces in P3D if it causes crashes, though.

That's the weird thing when i choose the triple 7 or ngx it just works fine no crashes but the minute i try it with the 747 it crashes and it always happends when i go from headset to speakers not the otherway around.

i would just leave it like that but the crackling sound just drives me mad because when i lower thrust to about 50% it's gone even though the wind volume is getting louder.

edit: also no crackling/clicking noise in the other aircrafts in full thrust.

The only thing I can recommend is submitting a ticket. This sounds a lot like a hardware issue, but a ticket would at least give us some tracking.

Before you do submit, however, please try to find a crash log.

Start Menu > type "View all prob" and View All Problem reports should show up. Click on it, and then find your simulator. Find the latest crash report and include the text in the ticket you send to us.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Andy,

Sounds like you are overloading the channels leading to the crackling - as a comparison, you can go to youtube and listen to numerous videos already posted demonstrating the high fidelity sounds - I have not heard one single example of crackling anywhere else, so it appears that you have a localised overloading / clipping issue or soundcard driver issue.

Do you have a PC with seperate speakers or built in speakers in a laptop ?

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Hi Andy,

Sounds like you are overloading the channels leading to the crackling - as a comparison, you can go to youtube and listen to numerous videos already posted demonstrating the high fidelity sounds - I have not heard one single example of crackling anywhere else, so it appears that you have a localised overloading / clipping issue or soundcard driver issue.

Do you have a PC with seperate speakers or built in speakers in a laptop ?

Okay so watching it through youtube "PMDG B744v4 Beta FSX Landing at LGAV" and listining to the engine at full trust i don't hear crackling, also loaded up the triple 7 with the vid runing in the background and spotify on while doing a take-off also resulted in clear audio.

edit: i might have found the issue but not 100% sure yet.

edit 2: Issue is fixed by restoring the defaults settings in speakers properties, "allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and "give exclusive mode applications priority" the crackling now got replaced with a different sound that i heared alot in the ngx , instead of just hearing a high pitch low tone crackle.

sorry btw this is seperate speakers on a desktop.

I wonder if this issue would also cause me not to hear voices and whalers in the cockpit. ..?

spacer.png

Hi Chris,

No, you are having a different issue by the sound of it ! - if you cannot hear voices and whalers, then you probably cant hear switches, levers, packs etc.

In the FMC / PMDG sound options section - make sure you have the correct soundcard output selected and then restart the sim.

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

I will check this and report back, cheers brother Armen.

spacer.png

Not a Hardware problem. I have the same issue at times. Its like someone is intentionally turning the sound off and on. I'm waiting on the fix for it myself.

Disregard...Having different issue

8 minutes ago, AFavors said:

Not a Hardware problem. I have the same issue at times. Its like someone is intentionally turning the sound off and on. I'm waiting on the fix for it myself.

Then you may be waiting a while, as I don't believe that this is something we need to fix in our code, necessarily. I won't rule it out, but there are a number of other places we need to look first.

Sounds more like you have a button conflict, or some other type of hardware issue. The Q button is the default sound on/off toggle. If there is some button assignment that's being repeated that uses the Q key, that could do it. Driver issues. Improper sound settings. There's a number of other things to look into before pointing the finger at code. If the code were the issue, what you're experiencing would be wide-spread, but that isn't the case.

Kyle Rodgers

I found one not so obvious reason for the sound leaving, which occurred when Windows defender was showing activity using Process Explorer during troubleshooting.  A check on Google found this to be a common problem with an easy fix:  Exclude the Defender folders in Program Files from scan.  If Defender scans itself you get annoying pauses in anything that is running at the time.  Worth checking out.... note that this happens to be a problems very far removed from anything PMDG code can do.

Dan Downs KCRP

I will confirm the problem he is having because

when I am flying the 737 ngx this issue does not exist.

On the 747 QOS II, all sound works except external....

What you hear outside is the same sound as the cockpit... wind sound but minus engines....

In the cockpit you hear the wind sound and engine background....

Outside just whooooooosssshhhhhhhhh

Hope someone is working on this..

Would love to hear the windup on the external view....

Will Silky