Sign in to follow this  
markjans

Feature transfer error

Hello,

Upon installing the 747 I'm getting a "Feature transfer error", about halfway through the installation process. The installation is subsequently terminated.

PMDG747.jpg

I've Googled the issue and followed some basic suggestions like running the installer as an admin, cleaning the user temp folder or rebooting Windows 10 in safe mode. Tried those things without succes. I've never encountered this error before, despite also using the PMDG 737NGX and 777 for P3D on the same machine.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Mark Jansen

Mark,

Usually caused by not running as an admin (are you sure you tried this?), but could also be a corrupted installer. Try downloading a fresh copy with a different browser, or a download manager.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

Tried both suggestions. I'm sure I ran the installer as an administrator. Also I've tried to re-download the file with another browser. Both didn't make any difference.

I've checked P3D folder permissions, neither (SSD) harddisk report any errors when checked and no virus scanner or firewall is active. There is 184 GB free disk space on the P3D drive. Also, other PMDG products as well as P3D still run fine.

Any other clues for me to get the installer working?

Mark Jansen

Not sure off the top of my head. Go ahead and submit a ticket. One of the techs should sort it out.

Kyle Rodgers