Sign in to follow this  
thibodba57

I can't stop myself. Prime Air 747

Still a work in progress but getting closer.

Given a recent article saying Amazon is investing 1.4 Billion into CVG its looking more and more likely a DHL and Amazon partnership.  Which could mean more heavy lift as they work together.  A 747 Prime Air variant isn't so far fetched.  What ya think?

32652132315_458d961db5_c.jpg

32611605936_70617a658c_c.jpg

32611604286_14a3d1e70e_c.jpg

• Upvote 6

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

It's nice work.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

"I can't stop myself"

You were warned.  Welcome to the dark side.

We have weekly a group therapy meeting.  plane_painters_anonymous.org. You should come.

We have T-shirts and beanies. :smile:

If I tell you the screens look great, that will only fuel your addiction...sooo...they look terrible! (We learned that in our discussions at the last meeting...don't feed the addiction!)

:Hmmmph:

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hi, My name is Steve, I am a repaintaholic. Hi Steve. 

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

Hi Steve,

I've seen you repaints, and they're simply amazing! Would it be possible for you, to paint the Singapore Cargo livery for the QotS? Can't seem to find it in the OP Center... 

(Sorry for 'hijacking' the thread!)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Oh Steve, I think I'm done after this.  I'll paint the -8 when it comes out.  But all the planes I fly at AAW are covered plus this fictional.  If I can't keep busy with that I'm hopeless :-)

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

I thought you made this livery up before I googled it. Didn't know there was such a thing as Prime Air (except for the conceptual drone delivery thing). Lovely livery! Definitely gonna use it when you release it.

I thought you made this livery up before I googled it. Didn't know there was such a thing as Prime Air (except for the conceptual drone delivery thing). Lovely livery! Definitely gonna use it when you release it.

Most definetely a thing.  Atlas and ATSG operate the flights on their aircraft.  Lots of expansion planned.  Who knows though.  This might just be an experiment for Bezos and he could fold shop in a couple years.

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Hi Steve,

I've seen you repaints, and they're simply amazing! Would it be possible for you, to paint the Singapore Cargo livery for the QotS? Can't seem to find it in the OP Center... 

(Sorry for 'hijacking' the thread!)

Check out this post:  (Note the last item on the bulleted list)

http://www.avsim.com/topic/500211-official-pmdg-747-400-queen-of-the-skies-ii-livery-list/?p=3562326

Oh Steve, I think I'm done after this.

Even though I should not show you this until you're fully indoctrinated into the group, I feel you need to know:

Page 24, paragraph 2 of the PAG manual under the heading “Indoctrination of new members into the group” : (PAG-Painters Anonymous Group)

"Any reference a new group member makes referring that they are “done, finished, over” should be handled with tact by veteran members.  Any eye-rolling, snickering, sighing or other signs of disbelief may upset the new member as they actually believe they can quit cold turkey after a few great paints where they received praise and accolades from the simming community.

Until they are fully indoctrinated and pass the “Seven Trials of the Recovering Paint Junkie”, try to foster a belief that they really can quit, in the very rare case they actually can.”

I can be your sponsor in the group if you'd like.  :wink:

• Upvote 3

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Am I missing something or is the N Number file missing in the repaint package?

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Am I missing something or is the N Number file missing in the repaint package?

It may be...but I think Jason noted that you can just grab one off an existing paint and just modify it....I haven't actually examined the full kit yet.

Hi, My name is Steve, I am a repaintaholic. Hi Steve. 

Hehe....very true Jordan!

See my reply to Brian when he noted "I think I'm done after this"

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

That Prime Air livery looks really good on the 747-400F, very very nice work! Looks HOT...

• Upvote 1

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

Ok maiden flight complete.  Delivered from the paint shop.  Does someone want to have a look over it before I post it online.  Want to make sure nothing glaringly wrong with it.  Only thing I got right now is the Registration plate in the VC that I need to look into.

32275203510_4f564d9b85_c.jpg

32532045481_c766ab6e1e_c.jpg

32532042831_d6bfc5d2b3_c.jpg

32275198170_43c002e1c6_c.jpg

32532049241_ccb4f514c7_c.jpg

• Upvote 1

beta.gif   

My Liveries