Sign in to follow this  
thibodba57

I can't stop myself. Prime Air 747

Are the contrails plane native or some add on?

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Good question.  I think they are native (unless REX 4 modifies them).  I have FSFX PrecipitFX but I don't think its applied to P3D.    Anyone wanna pipe in on that?  I will say they look awesome whatever it is.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Those look like the ones from FSFX. You might want to double check and make sure they aren't applied, as it looks like they are.

Those look like the ones from FSFX. You might want to double check and make sure they aren't applied, as it looks like they are.

Looks  like I put them on both.  I'll keep them though they look great.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

"I can't stop myself"

You were warned.  Welcome to the dark side.

We have weekly a group therapy meeting.  plane_painters_anonymous.org. You should come.

We have T-shirts and beanies. :smile:

If I tell you the screens look great, that will only fuel your addiction...sooo...they look terrible! (We learned that in our discussions at the last meeting...don't feed the addiction!)

:Hmmmph:

Hahahahahahaha - this made my morning more than the energy drink I am having right now to stay awake after...  Yes...  You guessed it - a long night after landing the new Queen on my first long haul flight AND doing some repaints for our VA.

Regards

Uploaded the livery for anyone that wants it.  Just waiting on the Avsim staff.  Enjoy

• Upvote 1

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Great work Brian!

All kidding aside about becoming addicted to painting...its a very fun aspect of the overall hobby for me...I hope you find yourself exploring it as you have talent from what I can see.  :wink:

Nothing wrong with stopping though if you achieved your goal, ether way thanks for the paint!  Since I love Amazon, I'll be making some deliveries with her...hehe.

Hey Werner, glad I could give you a laugh!

Brian's title struck me with a flashback to my self years ago when I was getting the hang of painting and thought after the current paint was done, I'd do "Just one more"....and...well...you see where I am now. I think its called the Lay's ® potato chip syndrome (remember the old slogan..."no one can eat just one?" ) :shok:

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Most definetely a thing. Atlas and ATSG operate the flights on their aircraft. Lots of expansion planned. Who knows though. This might just be an experiment for Bezos and he could fold shop in a couple years.

Most definetely a thing.  Atlas and ATSG operate the flights on their aircraft.  Lots of expansion planned.  Who knows though.  This might just be an experiment for Bezos and he could fold shop in a couple years.

It seems like he's pretty serious about it with the recent CVG announcement. 50 year lease and 100 aircraft parking spots is nothing to sneeze at! At least I hope he's serious or else I need to start looking for another job. :D

Ok maiden flight complete.  Delivered from the paint shop.  Does someone want to have a look over it before I post it online.  Want to make sure nothing glaringly wrong with it.  Only thing I got right now is the Registration plate in the VC that I need to look into.

32275203510_4f564d9b85_c.jpg

32532045481_c766ab6e1e_c.jpg

32532042831_d6bfc5d2b3_c.jpg

32275198170_43c002e1c6_c.jpg

32532049241_ccb4f514c7_c.jpg

I see one issue...minor...but part of the thing with Prime Air is that all the regs will be prime numbers as I recall.  Don't know if you're going for realism here, but if you are, you might want to change it.  Otherwise...I'll be buying this later today, and I DEFINITELY​ plan on downloading this.

Regards,

Marc Eichler

I see one issue...minor...but part of the thing with Prime Air is that all the regs will be prime numbers as I recall.  Don't know if you're going for realism here, but if you are, you might want to change it.  Otherwise...I'll be buying this later today, and I DEFINITELY​ plan on downloading this.

Regards,

Marc Eichler

I actually remember that now that you said it.  However I do pilot math, so if it requires me to count past the digits on my extremities I ain't doing it.  :wink:

beta.gif   

My Liveries

I actually remember that now that you said it.  However I do pilot math, so if it requires me to count past the digits on my extremities I ain't doing it.  :wink:

Thanks to Siri, I can help you.  If you change it to N353xx, that would fit the way they're numbering their fleet.  353 is a prime number, as are 3 and 5.  Nobody would make you lol.

I'm bad at pilot math...for my aircrew rating in Civil Air Patrol, they kept chastising me for using road distances because I found measuring air distances difficult on our sectionals.

Marc

Thanks to Siri, I can help you.  If you change it to N353xx, that would fit the way they're numbering their fleet.  353 is a prime number, as are 3 and 5.  Nobody would make you lol.

I'm bad at pilot math...for my aircrew rating in Civil Air Patrol, they kept chastising me for using road distances because I found measuring air distances difficult on our sectionals.

Marc

Well our second airframe for the Prime flying has been added to the Atlas Schedule and its a prime number.  Unfortunately all three aircraft (MD-11, 777, 747) have already been uploaded and I'm a bit lazy so won't be updating them for publishing unless there is some serious interest in that fix.  I'll try to remember for the -8.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

beta.gif   

My Liveries