Sign in to follow this  
vp49p3

Text to Speech Issue

Hi--installed the latest v7 beta into the latest version of P3D using IVONA and AT&T voices.  Worked fine for a while, then I got a warning there was some problem and I should check to make sure I have an English version of the text to speech engine.  Rebooted and VOX worked fine for a couple of flights and then the same thing happened again and subsequent rebooting hasn't fixed it.  I haven't done anything different to Windows 7, as I don't even know where the text to speech engine is.  The speech to text aspect of VOX works fine--i.e. the flight plan trainer.  It's just the text to speech which is messed up.  Any suggestions?  Thanks much, Jay.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Fixed it.  The problem was the Realtek "Sonic Suite."   When I closed that program, VOX went back to working :smile:

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.