Sign in to follow this  
Reinhardt

"Pixeled" textures

Hi Guys,

Wow! What a bird!!!!! Well done PMDG! Guys, I just have one problem with it currently.... please see my images below.... Any idea what could be creating these? I have tried everything.... I would appreciate it if someone could shed some light on the matter. Thanx!

1. My Nvidia Inspector is fullblast to PMDG's recommendations.

2. I Do have the Latest Drivers Installer.

3. The settings in FSX is according to PMDG's recommendations. 

q8AP8Yw.jpg

EfgxB50.jpg1gj4JVc.jpg

It's amazing that PMDG got this to work at all in FSX..., sorry but this is really an area where P3D does "shine."

Dan Downs KCRP

On closer look of the posted pictures, it looks more like a moire pattern than "pixelation."

I had not noticed in several months of testing so I launched my UPS and I can see the moire pattern if I zoom in past 1.5x on LDC bezels, the panel looks about right and varying the lamp intensity obviously changes the pattern.  Worst case I don't see very much of it but there is some and I'm not sure there is a fix..., read more about it in Wikipedia.   I'm using a GTX980 and 4K 40-in TV, and I thought it looked pretty darn good, but my preference is just enough flood to turn the dark panels in to barely visible.  Night flying is usually done with all lamps very very low in real world.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hmm, that is why I returned the Ifly 747, rainbow patterns around lighted objects when using the interior lights. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

If this is a real problem I do hope it gets resolved because I love to fly at night and use a good lighting system. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Could someone post more close up pictures of the interior lighting so I can see what is happening here?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I didn't notice anything on the outside, but I have a similar issue with internals. This is in P3D V3.3.5.17625.

uA7lkkJ.png

NHn2Yao.jpg

That is odd,,has anyone sent a support ticket about this?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I have not, figured I'd go here first and see what we can figure out (or if PMDG might have a clue). I don't see this issue in neither the 737, 777 nor in any of the other planes I fly - and at first I thought it was a light I had set too low, but it appears not.

It's in the 737 as well.... it's how they do their dynamic lights.

I have difficulty believing that someone at PMDG sits there, and say "YES! Let's add these little dots to the textures that it looks annoying" because inevitably that is what you are saying now, right? Nah ;) I don't think so.... 

On closer look of the posted pictures, it looks more like a moire pattern than "pixelation."

Agree with you... just didn't know what you called it. Thanx mate :) 

I checked out various Nvidia Inspector settings.... played with the zoom levels. (All things I got from previous forum posts) . But to no avail.... Seems that I will have to start and try to get along with my new friend, "Moire" :P 

Have a good weekend Queen Flyers!