Sign in to follow this  
Reinhardt

"Pixeled" textures

Bothersome why PMDG has not responded to this thread as they have to some of the other threads here. I also wonder why they did the lighting this way - maybe to help with fps or vas? Other devs seem to get the variable lighting correct though. 

I wish PMDG had a return policy like some other devs,,even P3D has a return policy. That way I could see this in person rather than spending 140 bucks to find out it is something that really bothers me. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Question; is it as bad as this (screenshot of Ifly 747 rainbow texture corruption)

1a_zpst3jyxtgw.jpg

1b_zpsapjwwbzf.jpg

This is why I returned the Ifly 747.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I have this on the 777 (FSX:SE) as well. Just a thought, could it be related to the DX10 fixer? I run DX10.

Hmm... Haven't seen this issue before. 

(I'm running P3D, that is...)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I can plainly see the problem but it is not as bad as the screenshots of the Ifly 747 I posted in this thread. 

It is a problem that there is nothing from PMDG regarding this thread and I want to know the reason for it and if it can be fixed before I give them my 140 bucks. I could fix the Ifly 747 because it was in the light textures but this problem looks completely different. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Still daytime, but much more severe. No clue what this is, but since PMDG aren't responding here, I'll put up a ticket on their support portal just in case they prefer handling it there.

1MeWLzU.jpg

I am thinking, after watching a new video, that this is not a PMDG problem. In this video he shows closeup day and night with lights of the cockpit and in high def and I could not see any texture problems or artifacts. 

I wonder why it is happening to some users and not others? A video driver, video settings, almost anything related to video or graphic input could be the culprit here. 

See this video showing day and night close up of cockpit 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Paul-

I am inclined to agree it isn't a PMDG issue.... in flight atm.... click pic for full size...

4JlUXDN.jpg

Not getting that sort of pixelation.... day or night.... nVidia 376.19

HTH

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

i think this was mentioned in the introduction document as well...

Jon Richardson

Raleigh, NC

i think this was mentioned in the introduction document as well...

Will you mind being a bit more precise? I went through that whole document....

Paul-

I am inclined to agree it isn't a PMDG issue.... in flight atm.... click pic for full size...

Not getting that sort of pixelation.... day or night.... nVidia 376.19

HTH

Will you mind sharing some shots correlating with our views just to compare the two? 

I am with you guys, must be a local "hardware-software" type problem.... because as I stated earlier, I wont believe for one moment (and that was now being confirmed with the other video and screenshots) that it is indeed not -  "It is just the way PMDG made it"....... 

This is what i was referring to- sorry for not adding in the original post. Its on page 103 of the introduction:

SPLASHES IN DAYLIGHT: Allows the external model light splashes to function in the daytime. Note that this may cause visual artifacts due to the specifics of the lighting technique used.

 FLOODS IN DAYLIGHT: Allows the cockpit flood lights to function in the daytime. Note that this may cause visual artifacts due to the specifics of the lighting technique used.

• Upvote 1

Jon Richardson

Raleigh, NC

There are some ugly screen shots here, but I'm with Carl on this.  I can only see slight moire patterns when using mid to low range flood lighting and only when zoomed in much farther than I ever fly.  Never any rainbow or discoloration.   This indicates problem somewhere but not having experienced it I'm not sure of the solution.

My displays are beautiful, and I enjoy night flying with the lights turned down low.  Maybe it's settings, driver, GPU related, GPU settings...don't know.  I am using a GTX980Ti and a 40-in 4K Samsung TV, and cannot replicate those ugly shots you posted.

Dan Downs KCRP