Sign in to follow this  
Reinhardt

"Pixeled" textures

I am getting also some weird pixeled / textured internal lights. Any ideas ?

pixelation.jpg

I dont get that in the daytime, but a little bit at night, see my video below..

(daytime at the start of the video)

And here is the landing at night, you can see some pixellation at the top but otherwise is fine..

https://youtu.be/4qRH4Z1KPwI?t=8h55m42s

I see a lot of edge crawling in the textures in your daytime video, is that what this problem looks like? Also, do you have HDR on? If so, turn it off and see if you still get those artifacts.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

That is unacceptable and should be fixed.  I think I will postpone my purchase after watching some new videos on the net with crawling lines in the displays and elsewhere and your picture of a wing with very bad graphic anomalies deserves to be investigated by PMDG.

I am a graphic artist and would never let my work be published looking like that. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

That is unacceptable and should be fixed.  I think I will postpone my purchase after watching some new videos on the net with crawling lines in the displays and elsewhere and your picture of a wing with very bad graphic anomalies deserves to be investigated by PMDG.

I am a graphic artist and would never let my work be published looking like that. 

...the problem of the pixeled adjustable night lightning is an old one, the pmdg ngx and T7 have it also. If i fly my pmdg T7, i have the highres vc cockpit option in FSX settings disabled as it do help a lot against the problem, you only loose some text resolution of the displays. problem for me at the moment is you cant reduce it if flying the new 747 as it is buggy atm regarding fsx low res vc resolution setting.

JG

PMDG-DC-6-banner.jpg

It looks like the Morrie pattern might be due to a wave interference pattern between multiple light sources at various strengths.   Depending on the type of math used for the surface brightness calculation, one might expect this.  Google "the wave-particle duality of light" for more info.

Mark Trainer

I see a lot of edge crawling in the textures in your daytime video, is that what this problem looks like? Also, do you have HDR on? If so, turn it off and see if you still get those artifacts.

Hi

Yes I have HDR on. The video was from my Twitch feed so that may have introduced some edge crawling? I can try next time without hdr on and see what happens.

Hello, I have this too. I have HDR off. Anything else I can do with that ?

many thanks

JM

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

Still daytime, but much more severe. No clue what this is, but since PMDG aren't responding here, I'll put up a ticket on their support portal just in case they prefer handling it there.

1MeWLzU.jpg

May i just ask what is that bar on the dashboard for? what is it called?

May i just ask what is that bar on the dashboard for? what is it called?

PVD.... Para Visual Display

Joseph Chamberlain

FAA ADX

Still daytime, but much more severe. No clue what this is, but since PMDG aren't responding here, I'll put up a ticket on their support portal just in case they prefer handling it there.

1MeWLzU.jpg

Did you ever get a response from your support ticket?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

These Pixelated textures are part of the main PMDG_747QOTSII.dll gauge file. I think doing this makes them dynamic and that the VC lights at least can be dimmable and the landing light splash can be overlapped making it brighter when both inboard and outboard landing lights are switched on. They do look to be a low resolution though which is probably why its so blocky and pixelated. 

Hello, OK I understand the dimmed light at cockpit. However, same is on wing at night ?

JM

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

In the case of the wing, it's related to the wing flex, I believe.

Full names in the forum, too, please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers