Sign in to follow this  
B747tebs

the sound..

Wow.. just wow..

i dont have any addon that has such an awesome sound delivered with it. During descend, the engines spooled back to almost idle and suddenly, the whole room started to vibrate..

Thats better than sex !

Thanks so much to the audio guys.. and of course to everyone involved. This is an outstanding product and I never thought I would say that about a 744.

• Upvote 4

Thats better than sex !

Flying is the most fun you can have with your pants on.

I blew out my old speakers while testing the DC-6 with those big Pratts and found a Klipsch speaker set for computers that is THX certified.  That rumble from the subwoofer is excitement in pure form.

• Upvote 2

Dan Downs KCRP

Yup, nearly had a heart attack when it came off the last waypoint of a SID and went into a climb with the autothrottle pushing up the thrust, the sound was awesome. :smile:

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest Mik75

Right now, the "ButtKicker" is doing exactly that... ;-) 

I also use a THX logitech set and it is mind-blowing... managed to dislodge a large wall hanging in the other room  :smile:

I need to get my But-kicker vibration unit fixed then I bet it will be even better.

The sound you guys have come up with... amazing. I even had a family member who is not usually interested, doing circuits in her last night.

Well done guys

I even had a family member who is not usually interested, doing circuits in her last night.

Wow, that is awesome.  Besides, she probably needs to learn how to land as in the AOPA Pinch Hitter program.  Never know when it might come in handy.

Dan Downs KCRP

Wow.. just wow..

i dont have any addon that has such an awesome sound delivered with it. During descend, the engines spooled back to almost idle and suddenly, the whole room started to vibrate..Thats better than sex !

Thanks so much to the audio guys.. and of course to everyone involved. This is an outstanding product and I never thought I would say that about a 744.

That's unusual because I've sat many times in a 747-400 across pacific and to Europe and I recall over wind noise the engine noise is barely heard. Can't imagine in cockpit with headsets you'd hear it even louder.

For me the same, amazing Soundset and Quality.

Regarding to the CF6 sound of the 747-400F i have an point you guys may can help me. (I also use an THX 2.1 speaker set with high quality)

During start up, i miss the "Loud" sound, when the EGT rise and the engine becomes to fire up. You may take a look at this video.

The sound in question starts at 0:05. I´m missing this sound, i already tried several settings, without help.

Can you tell me, do you have this sound? Is this an setting issue from my side?

Aside this Issue, the overall product and Sound quality is just...Incredible :-)

Thank you so much :-)

Patrick Hilverda

I'm by now means an audiophile but the engine sounds in 747v3 are amazing. Excellent job to whomever handled that portion!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Wow.. just wow..

i dont have any addon that has such an awesome sound delivered with it. During descend, the engines spooled back to almost idle and suddenly, the whole room started to vibrate..

Thats better than sex !

Thanks Tebin - really appreciate your feedback! 

Flying is the most fun you can have with your pants on.

I blew out my old speakers while testing the DC-6 with those big Pratts and found a Klipsch speaker set for computers that is THX certified.  That rumble from the subwoofer is excitement in pure form.

Dan - sorry about that one ....  :Whistle:

Yup, nearly had a heart attack when it came off the last waypoint of a SID and went into a climb with the autothrottle pushing up the thrust, the sound was awesome. :smile:

Alan - it took months and months of reworking them until I was happy to sign off all three engine types.  Glad you like them.

That's unusual because I've sat many times in a 747-400 across pacific and to Europe and I recall over wind noise the engine noise is barely heard. Can't imagine in cockpit with headsets you'd hear it even louder.

Ricky - I also have flown a few 747-400 flights right in the nose and on the top deck and your observations are correct - and our sim reflects these realistic volume levels.  What these guys are talking about aren't the standard engine sounds but a deep sub bass layer that I have implemented that you dont hear as much as you feel it.   And you only notice this on descent as the engines idle back on the GE and PW models - its a low low hum that resonates with immense effect, especially if you have a sub woofer.  

Right now, the "ButtKicker" is doing exactly that... ;-) 

Michael - Ha !

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

I'm by now means an audiophile but the engine sounds in 747v3 are amazing. Excellent job to whomever handled that portion!

Thanks Cory.

+1 Loving the sounds... The buttkicker makes it even better with the low freq sounds.. STUNNING!.... Thank you PMDG!!!

Thanks Sean!

For me the same, amazing Soundset and Quality.

Regarding to the CF6 sound of the 747-400F i have an point you guys may can help me. (I also use an THX 2.1 speaker set with high quality)

During start up, i miss the "Loud" sound, when the EGT rise and the engine becomes to fire up. You may take a look at this video.

The sound in question starts at 0:05. I´m missing this sound, i already tried several settings, without help.

Can you tell me, do you have this sound? Is this an setting issue from my side?

Aside this Issue, the overall product and Sound quality is just...Incredible :-)

Thank you so much :-)

Thanks for the feedback Patrick - I will have a look at it to see if we can make it louder for the GE engines only.

I also use a THX logitech set and it is mind-blowing... managed to dislodge a large wall hanging in the other room  :smile:

I need to get my But-kicker vibration unit fixed then I bet it will be even better.

The sound you guys have come up with... amazing. I even had a family member who is not usually interested, doing circuits in her last night.

Well done guys

Sorry about that Wes !!!!

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Thanks Cory.

Thanks Sean!

Thanks for the feedback Patrick - I will have a look at it to see if we can make it louder for the GE engines only.

Sorry about that Wes !!!!

No need to be sorry, you gentlemen have created a masterpiece. (The wall hanging has been relocated to another room, permanently - with the amount of 747 flying I will be doing, its likely to kill someone.)

with the amount of 747 flying I will be doing, its likely to kill someone.)

:LMAO:  :LMAO:  :LMAO:

Regards

And you only notice this on descent as the engines idle back on the GE and PW models - its a low low hum that resonates with immense effect, especially if you have a sub woofer.

I haven't had a chance to purchase yet as I'm out on a trip, but just by your description I know exactly what sound you're talking about. My first flight on IOE in the 767 had me grinning ear to ear, especially when you can literally feel the power of these engines. When they spool back and get that really deep rumble and the PACK sound increases as the high pressure bleed kicks in to compensate, you can't help but smile. And I still do. :)