Sign in to follow this  
fluffyflops

Autopilot keeps kicking out

Tried a hop ksea to Vancouver when passing through fl100 for 160 the ap keeps kicking out for no apparent reason.

I put it back it and it just disconnects.

I have about 4000 hours on the 747 x

14ppkc-6.png

Usually caused by inputs from your controllers or maybe something hitting the trim?

I've flown her for months without this problem, so the challenge is to find the reason.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Try increasing the null zone on your flight stick or yoke. also note that spurious signal spikes from some controllers (if they are old or have dirty contacts) can be read as a control movement by the autopilot, which will cause it to disengage.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I was getting a lot of spikes from my X-55 for the longest time and couldn't figure out why. Then I plugged it into an externally powered USB hub and it works great now.

Additionally, if spikes are ruining your day, there's an option in the settings to have the software ignore your yoke at all times that the AP is on.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for the replies. I'll try the settings. Irony was I paused the sim when typing the topic. So it was paused for a minute. When I unpaused to resume the issue had gone. Could that be spiking

14ppkc-6.png

Additionally, if spikes are ruining your day, there's an option in the settings to have the software ignore your yoke at all times that the AP is on.

hi where is this setting ? i cant find it

14ppkc-6.png