Sign in to follow this  
hammamet1

Undecided about 744 and 777

Hey guys, I ended up buying 777, liked it a lot!. Will purchase the 747 later on, for now some long hauls to do!

Thank you all for your answers, appreciated them!

Have a wondeful night!

João Portugal

• Upvote 3

Can't help you there, as I only have the Boeing 747-400 with no experience with the 777. Do keep in mind, though, that the only two options available at the moment for the 777 are the -200LR and -300ER, the latter of which you'd have to purchase separately after getting the base -200LR. I personally haven't gotten the 777 as I'd prefer to fly the 777-200ER.

777F as well.

To me it's all about which plane you like.

I'm a 737-7 & 777F freak so for me it was natural.

I was about to purchase the 747v3 several times already but just can't force myself to do so lol. Was never a fan of it. I love the 8F but i'll have to wait and see when it's released.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

If you like:

• airplanes fly by them self with full atuo systems
  • little pilot interactions
  • long hauls with worry free cruise
  • nice flight management computers

If you like:

• Full involvement 
  • constant monitoring of flight systems
  • old school flight management computers
  • 4 engines

But like Pedro said, you're gonna end up with both. 

Hey guys, I ended up buying 777, liked it a lot!. Will purchase the 747 later on, for now some long hauls to do!

Great to read. Have a lot of fun! :)

cu

Roman

I bought the 747 but was tempted to get the 777 too. The only thing putting me off was the amount of automation from the reviews I have read.

I don't fly long haul as such, maybe flights around 2hrs.

It would be worth getting the 777 just so I have an excuse to buy the Airline2Sim training! December is going to be a long wait for the 747 training.

If you can't or don't want to afford both - and if you've got no preference in terms of the airplane itself, then get the 747 while it's still flying in the real world ;-)

The 777 will fly a lot longer there. So you can save money for that one while flying the 747.

I only have the 777, but I will buy the 747 soon. The 777 is perfect and doesn't leave any wish open (except a -200ER^^). I'm sure the 747 is, too.

Regards, Dominik

If you can afford then buy both, they are incredible machines. You won't regret :D

Mikael Leinonen

I find in a lot of cases, the newer release makes me enjoy and appreciate the older release even more.  The A2A P-51 made me enjoy the P-40 more, the Comanche made me appreciate the Cherokee more, the Connie made me appreciate the 377 more, as does the 747 make me appreciate the 777.  

You will end up with both eventually.  Both the Queen and the T7 are each very enjoyable.  Since I fly GA alot and I am not an ATP, I find the T7 easier to transition into with it's automation.  It's easier to plan a long haul flight, take off at night, go to bed, and land in the morning.  However the 747 holds a special place in my hear too, it was what safely took me over the oceans when I used to travel overseas.  

I am in the minority here, I prefer the special high-performance edition of an airplane to the 'common' version.   The only reason a particular model is popular in service in real life are from decisions made by airline beancounters, and not the pilots.  Give me the 777-200LR, NGX-600, 747-400ERF...etc, the versions of planes that really demonstrate their design's full capabilities.  For example, with the- 200LR, at full fuel, you can literally fly around the world with one stop...ie NZCH -> LEMG -> NZCH  lol I guess I like playing 'Charter Operator' more than playing 'line pilot'.  But Flightsim is your fantasy, do whatever works for you and makes you happy.

Cheers

TJ

PS. if you like aircraft documentaries, be sure to watch this great old PBS special on the 777.  It's a little dated ( :lol:  :Nerd: LOLz at the mullets and huge glasses of the 90s), as it was filmed during the T7's development, but it is one of the most in depth airplane documentaries I've seen.  I find most aircraft documentaries these days feel 'dumbed down'.  You can find the rest of the episodes on youtube.  The doc really gives you an idea of just what went into the T7 development, and how precarious the airplane business really is.  

• Upvote 3

if you like aircraft documentaries, be sure to watch this great old PBS special on the 777.  It's a little dated ( :lol:  :Nerd: LOLz at the mullets and huge glasses of the 90s), as it was filmed during the T7's development, but it is one of the most in depth airplane documentaries I've seen.  I find most aircraft documentaries these days feel 'dumbed down'.  You can find the rest of the episodes on youtube.  The doc really gives you an idea of just what went into the T7 development, and how precarious the airplane business really is.  

Indeed. Great documentary. Fully recommended.

• Upvote 1

I have the NGX, the 777 and 747.

Honestly I like the NGX the most, 747 and 777 are also great, with the 777 as a more modern, more automated plane.

When I think about it: I really love all 3, but I use the NGX the most.

I tink I will use the 747 more often as soon as FS2Crew is out.

Long story short: get whatever you like the most! All 3 addons are superb.

I bought the 747 but was tempted to get the 777 too. The only thing putting me off was the amount of automation from the reviews I have read.

I don't fly long haul as such, maybe flights around 2hrs.

It would be worth getting the 777 just so I have an excuse to buy the Airline2Sim training! December is going to be a long wait for the 747 training.

Its true the 777 is has more automation than the 747 but I think its a bit exaggerated at times. Some things like fuel etc will need less hands on in the T7 than the 747 but you still have to fly the plane. The 747 has a fair amount of automation itself. Unless you're doing an autoland on every approach there's plenty of work to do in both planes and if you handfly a lot you won't be too concerned about automation except in cruise where there's not a lot to do in either plane. It's all up to what you like they're both great planes.

IMHO the 777is just too automated to feel connected to.

Loving the 747.

spacer.png

Got the Queen as my first PMDG plane and love it and now thinking of getting the 777. Only thing holding me back is the 777 looks to be a bit dated graphically compared to the new Queen. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Only thing holding me back is the 777 looks to be a bit dated graphically compared to the new Queen.

compared  to what i  got  both of  them and  cant  see any major  difference  at all

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg