Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

Cold & Dark Engine Startup Procs

Hi all,

anyone have reference to Powering up/engine startup from Cold & Dark on this baby?

Tried the Tutorial section from where the flight ended at KSFO but to no avail. 

PS: I did not fly the tutorial flight - I just selected Cold and Dark from the CDU menu.

Rgds,

Steve

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

FCOM Normal Procedures.  Every step is there.  The Tutorial isn't starting from cold and dark, it starts from the runway with engines running, but you still should fly it at least once.

Dan Downs KCRP

FCOM Normal Procedures.  Every step is there.  The Tutorial isn't starting from cold and dark, it starts from the runway with engines running, but you still should fly it at least once.

Hi Dan,

was going through the FCOM (Amp Proc 21 - Eng Start) too. Will have to re-read and digest it properly. Never had issues with starting NGX or 777 (Cold/Dark). But then again, the 744's a different animal.

The tutorial flight has a re-start section after you have landed at KSFO and shut down. This is what I was referring to - thinking that the shut down scenario was equivalent to a cold/dark start.

Rgds,

Steve

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

the tutorial also has a cold and dark startup section at the end. page 96

cheers

-andy crosby

Basically, turn battery On then start APU.  Put APU GENs on line and proceed with preflight.  Starting engines depends on if you have autostart but is pretty straightforward either way.  Using the NP is a good way to learn the airplane systems.

Unlike the other Boeings, APU is on for a much longer time in a pax 744 because ground air is not enough for hot or cold climates.  So instead of starting APU before pushback, most airports allow it 30 min or more in advance.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks gents!

@andy crosby & @ Dan Downs

Also helped checking Froogle's beta startup video from last November to ensure I wasn't missing something obvious.

Rgds,

Steve

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers