Sign in to follow this  
enrico10999

747-400F Cargo - Nose Door Loading

Hi 

First of all, I'm very excited about the new 747. The developers have done a great job. Thanks!

In the passenger version, I use AES to operate of the two passenger jetways and GSX the luggage loaders

with the luggage cars and Catering Vehicles, what is together quite realistic.

After that I tried the cargo version from Cargolux.

I was able to open the Nose Door from the FMC PMDG menu and request a PMDG service vehicle for the Nose Door,

but there was no loading taking place. 

It seems that GSX does not recognize and operates the Nose Door either. 

Have I missed something? Or is there a work around?

Enrico

Hello Henrik

thanks for your reply. 

I understand, that the PMDG loading vehicle ist a kind of static device, it comes, pulls the platform up 

and when you order, it drives away. 

Its there a way that GSX "handles" the nose door? I mean unload and load Cargo Containers through the nose door,

like they do with the FWD and AFT Cargo Compartment?

I know its more a GSX Support Question.

Enrico

Even open the nose cargo on FMC, the door doesn't open. I don't know why.

Hi,

Look into the introduction manual, it is explained how to handle the nose and side cargo doors, you need to configure the power suply of the aircraft correctly.

Also do not forget to sign your posts with full names as per forum rules.

• Upvote 1

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I may sound lazy, but I honestly do not have the time to configure GSX to handle the doors of a 747F. I believe if anyone that can post the values here to put it in the editor, that would help a lot of users out there that who are as busy/lazy as I am :P

--------------------------------------------------

Edited

Well I actually got my hands dirty out of sheer curiosity and configured it right after posting the above. Here are the values for the nose and left main deck cargo doors. Make sure to set to doors without door checks, or it will wait for you to open the right side front and aft cargo doors like a passenger version. And also, I could see the pallets moving inside the plan through the fuselage, I have no idea how to fix that, will update this thread again if I find a perfect tweak for it. As for the nose door, lets just say that the pallets still move from the side (in the case of the nose door cargo should come from inside the plane and not the side of it) so you will see floating cargo boxes entering the plane from the left and then through the nose. If anyone knows how I can make the cargo rotate its traveling direction, do update us!

Again, these are my personal trial and errors, use at your own risk and I am definitely not responsible for your messed up configs.

Cargo 1: Position (in sequence) -0.23 26.30 4.49

Angle 90.00

Cargo 2: Position -2.98 -15.30 4.75

Angle 0.00

Take note of the negative and positive values.

Cheers and enjoy!

Edited by dinohoo

As popular as this plane is one would hope that GSX would come out with an update for proper loading of all load areas for it. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Slightly off topic... Safety first!

Is it GSX or PMDG which allows catering trucks to drive between engines 3 and 4?  This is a no-no...  That's what the cones around the wings/engines are for... to stop these guys driving between the engines (i.e. tugs (any size), cargo container rolling stock, belt loaders, cars, etc.... fuellers excepted). Even when driving under the wing outboard of the engines safety conscious airlines would expect a marshaller to provide guidance for catering trucks. I've seen the result of a cargo tug running over an underwing fuel hydrant when in use... a 10 metre fountain of fuel. Fortunately, Avtur (jet fuel) takes a bit of provocation to ignite. I've also seen a set of mobile stairs run into a 747 wingtip in real life. Sometimes I wonder if putting on nav lights (when on the ground) is to help avoid incidents like this rather than telling people that power is on the aircraft. People can tell power is on the aircraft from a dozen different other cues. 

I've also seen a cargo container loader (sometimes called an "FMC") parked at the bulk cargo in PMDG videos. Usually a small (conveyor) belt loader is located here :wink:

Cheers

JHW

John H Watson (retired 744/767 Avionics engineer)

I've also seen a cargo container loader (sometimes called an "FMC") parked at the bulk cargo in PMDG videos.

Isn't FMC "Ford Motor Company"? 

edit; never mind, FMC started out as Food Machinery Corporation.

edit; never mind, FMC started out as Food Machinery Corporation.

Well, there's something I didn't know.. Never to old to learn :hi:

Revenue in 2013.... 3.8 billion... They must be making military products, too? (or making parts for Boeings) :Tounge:

John H Watson (retired 744/767 Avionics engineer)

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 5:37 PM, dinohoo said:

I may sound lazy, but I honestly do not have the time to configure GSX to handle the doors of a 747F. I believe if anyone that can post the values here to put it in the editor, that would help a lot of users out there that who are as busy/lazy as I am :P

--------------------------------------------------

Edited

Well I actually got my hands dirty out of sheer curiosity and configured it right after posting the above. Here are the values for the nose and left main deck cargo doors. Make sure to set to doors without door checks, or it will wait for you to open the right side front and aft cargo doors like a passenger version. And also, I could see the pallets moving inside the plan through the fuselage, I have no idea how to fix that, will update this thread again if I find a perfect tweak for it. As for the nose door, lets just say that the pallets still move from the side (in the case of the nose door cargo should come from inside the plane and not the side of it) so you will see floating cargo boxes entering the plane from the left and then through the nose. If anyone knows how I can make the cargo rotate its traveling direction, do update us!

Again, these are my personal trial and errors, use at your own risk and I am definitely not responsible for your messed up configs.

Cargo 1: Position (in sequence) -0.23 26.30 4.49

Angle 90.00

Cargo 2: Position -2.98 -15.30 4.75

Angle 0.00

Take note of the negative and positive values.

Cheers and enjoy!

Hi,

Thanks to JS for providing the info.

I did find however that with the use of the door parameters for the main side cargo door mentioned above, I could still see the cargo containers slightly protruding from the external fuselage surface of the 747F while being moved inside.

So with some minor mods to the GSX door parameters I was able to set up Cargo 2 in GSX for the left main Side Cargo Door.

Settings as follows:

Position: -2.90 -15.30 4.98;         Angle 0.00

Also note that thanks to Paul G at PMDG I was able to obtain the correct XML variable for the Side Cargo Door for the 747F. Using the door detect GSX logic for this door being opened, you need to use the XML variable "7x7xMainCargoDoor" instead of "7x7xaftcargo door" for the Cargo 2 door position in GSX.

Remember: If you do re-assign the Aft Cargo door to the left side to service the SCD, you will need to switch off Door 3 in GSX.(I believe GSX still only has the capability of maneuvering 2 cargo loaders)

Remember: Before you initiate any of these changes, make a note of the original GSX door position parameters and variables just in case something goes AWOL!

Have fun!

Cheers

Mark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!