Sign in to follow this  
t1270

black screen

25 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

I do research on the web indeed, but I don't see why I don't ask from AVSIM to get more help. My initial question was to mention my FSX OOM experience with PMDG. I thought others in AVSIM could give me some help so I can get a better idea on where to go or what to try.

Correct, but the operative issue here is "if I jump in to help this guy, am I signing myself up for having to hold his hand, or can I kinda just point him in the right direction and he'll take on the challenge?"

Some people might jump in to help you either way, but to be quite honest, a lot of people won't, if they see the person tends to ask for hand holding. It's all up to you. If that's the level of support that you need, I'm sure someone here in the forum can provide that. I do caution against it, however. Again, given the subject matter of the hobby, it's not unreasonable to expect that someone act with a little bit of agency.

I pointed you to the Intro a couple times. Have you read it?

27 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

I already got the Scenery tool now but is about the same as in FSX. Deactivating/Activating scenery from Scenery Tool or from FSX scenery library is the same. I don't need such Scenery Tool unless if I want to arrange layers to change scenery priorities. Scenery Tool is great but not helping me so far. Thanks for your advice as well.

As mentioned before, if it's installed FSX will load it when it launches. Think about this concept for a moment. In order to activate/deactivate something in the scenery library you first need to launch it. It doesn't all come in at once, but it will still attempt to load a lot of things in the background. If you didn't disable it before launching the sim, you're loading in a bunch of stuff you likely don't need.

I wouldn't have suggested the tool if it didn't have a specific use.

I'll point again to the earlier concept. Part of it is being a little self-reliant. The follow on to that is that being self-reliant allows us to skip over the simple questions (where can I find the tool) and jump directly to other questions you may have (why do I need it, or what's the benefit).

You're clearly a capable person if you're familiar enough to jump into the scenery library.

Kyle Rodgers

2 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Oops! that cleared my mind and you are totally right! But usually I go short haul flight, let's say around 40nm to 200nm. So in that range I might have other heavy airport as you say and also OOM. Interesting that FSX really is a weak sim not using my 64Giga RAM but 4096

Please, can you give me that link? Where to get the scenery tool? Many thanks and Merry Christmas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-DMMMse3UA

here  a  video on how  to  use  the  config  and  the  link  is  on  the  bottom

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

22 hours ago, pete_auau said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-DMMMse3UA

here  a  video on how  to  use  the  config  and  the  link  is  on  the  bottom

Hello pete_auau, Perfect! I will make FSX easy flight now free OOM thanks to your link and also from scandinavian13 who gave me great help and advice. Many thanks!

Patricio Valdes

43 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

Hello pete_auau, Perfect! I will make FSX easy flight now free OOM thanks to your link and also from scandinavian13 who gave me great help and advice. Many thanks!

no worries 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 hour ago, trisho0 said:

Don’t get discouraged about asking, this is a user to user forum and most times you will get your answers.  There are all sorts of skill levels in here, some need more help than others.  

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, icaruss said:

Don’t get discouraged about asking, this is a user to user forum and most times you will get your answers.  There are all sorts of skill levels in here, some need more help than others.  

Hello icaruss, thanks for sharing with.

Patricio Valdes

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:29 PM, pete_auau said:

Launched SceneryConfigEditor v1.1.9 and FSX loaded only Dzweicki Design New York Airports, Manhattan X, Dzweicki Design Washington X and KPHL SunSkyJet. Basic FSX scenery (default) and nothing else. Loaded PMDG 747 v3 and even before starting with FMC I was hearing Windows 10 beep sounds and after a few more beeps FSX closed. A windows with OOM message (lol).

Before with everything loaded and without SceneryConfigEditor v1.1.9 the OOM came up only at near landing just with some airports. Really FSX is temperamental.

Patricio Valdes

3 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Launched SceneryConfigEditor v1.1.9 and FSX loaded only Dzweicki Design New York Airports, Manhattan X, Dzweicki Design Washington X and KPHL SunSkyJet. Basic FSX scenery (default) and nothing else. Loaded PMDG 747 v3 and even before starting with FMC I was hearing Windows 10 beep sounds and after a few more beeps FSX closed. A windows with OOM message (lol).

Before with everything loaded and without SceneryConfigEditor v1.1.9 the OOM came up only at near landing just with some airports. Really FSX is temperamental.

yep  have  you tried  lowering  your  settings   down   see if that helps

Peter kelberg