Sign in to follow this  
FishermanIvan

Little things...

I'm loving all the little things in the cockpit.  Every time I flip the seatbelts on, that little display says PA IN USE, as if the FAs are making an announcement, then it goes back to VIDEO IN USE.  Nice.

Also, the sounds are amazing guys.  Even out of the ###### speakers on my monitor (the cat chewed through my good speakers power cable LAST NIGHT) it sounds amazing. I'll have to try the headset next monday when the GF is at work for 12 hours!

Job well done, guys!

I took off with the PW powered United 744 tonight and the sounds were excellent, but nothing to me can top the RR powered Cathay Cargo -400F I flew last night, wow those RR engines can howl!! The sound team out did themselves on this one.

Dave Reage

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Thanks - glad you like the sounds !  :smile:

Armen, like is not the right word - I showed a friend of mine today whos only mildly interested in aviation and he said it gave him goosebumps and a chill up his spine at how powerful it all sounded. Like is far to mild. What you guys have done here takes simulated airplanes to a whole new level.

In fact, during one of my takeoffs last night, one of my cats reared up on her hind legs and looked at the screen as if a real 747 was bearing down on her. (My THX speakers help - should be a requirement of PMDG to have good speakers)

Thanks for all your work!

so is the consensus the RR sounds are a favorite?

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

so is the consensus the RR sounds are a favorite?

RR engines have a distinct whine and growl that you do not get in PW and GE. It sips more fuel which is why most airlines chose the other 2 engine options. - David Lee