Sign in to follow this  
CaptCraig

Weirdly shaking engines

random, unreproducible software problems

I meant random like a flight attendant texture popping in to ask if you want coffee random. That would be very weird and random.  

So it happened again to me.  Once when lining up for the active.  Again once 50% N1 set.  They all wiggled for a good 3-4 seconds, but not like the good wiggle I think we're looking for, the wet dog wiggle.  Apart from that info I'm not sure what else to give you.  Try some testing at 50% N1?

I'm in the GE engine type.

I also had the same issue on FSX. It happened for me during pushback. Never saw it happen again after that. Was also flying the GE engine. Will try the other engine types tonight and see if it happens again.

Same happens with the RR using SE. Noticed it while on the ground only. Haven't seen it in the air. Seems to shake for a few seconds at random then stop, then reappear a few minute later. This happens repeatedly during ground ops (at least that's when I was watching).

Hello Guys..

I am sorry,  what is a signature block?   I forgot to post my name.. Jason.  How do I make a signature block?  Don't want to break any rules.  =)

BTW, my set up is a windows 7, FSX, and I was doing a loading process in Las Vegas.  The only time I got the engines to shake was when I doing the loading process. 

Jason

Hello Guys..

I am sorry,  what is a signature block?   I forgot to post my name.. Jason.  How do I make a signature block?  Don't want to break any rules.  =)

BTW, my set up is a windows 7, FSX, and I was doing a loading process in Las Vegas.  The only time I got the engines to shake was when I doing the loading process. 

Jason

Just go to the top right of the screen and select your username->'My Settings'->'Signature' from the menu on the left. 

I can confirm this is happening to me as well. The engines go into seizures for a bit, but I haven't really been able to pinpoint what causes it. Frames are good; well above 30.

OMG and RR's description matches the behavior exactly! :lol:   Weird.  I have not had much time with her...but I have not seen that in the P3D version so far....so maybe limited to FSX like you theorize Robert?

Confirm is in P3D maybe worse.Thought wow...it is heat shimmer but then I moved the view and realised it was not.

Harry Woodrow

I also have the odd shaking of the engines.. I made a video of it happening..

I experience this exact thing nearly every time after setting the parking brake. Not exactly at the same time, but after a flight and after the ac is stopped. More than once it was engines 1 & 2 and once it was all but #1. Weird...

Gents,

Thanks for the feedback.  Still looking on our end.

We have a few bigger fish to fry, so this is lower priority because it is just a visual anomaly.  It is logged in our system for continued research tho.

I SUSPECT that the vibration mechanics are running out of limits and we we are seeing is that as the damping factor takes hold it slowly swings the vibration back into limits later and creates the vibration again...

Gonna have to keep digging...  I'll find it tho.  I always do.  :Hmmmph:

• Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I'll find it tho.

Any chance it's related to the wing flex issues? Just spit-balling because the engines are connected to the wings (we hope! lol). Thanks for looking in to it. Like you said, not a huge issue. Fry those fish first. 

I can confirm this phenomenon on FSX.

Typically, I've seen it happen on the tarmac whilst parked - engines OFF - and GSX working the Cargo on or off the aircraft.

Steve

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

So far it seems to be multi-platform, and in all stages of operation. Very random. 

So weird, I can confirm I only saw it once so far. Completed another two flights today in the 400 and F, no wobbly engines that I could see.

It happened with engines stopped on the ground at CYYZ surrounded by your beautiful trucks.   wind 2knots.

Harry Woodrow