Sign in to follow this  
OSJJ1985

Is it just me...

... or does the wing seem to flex downward too much when on the ground? I haven't used the aircraft yet.... just judging by the videos I have seen (and comparing them to real photos). Especially the outer part (after the outboard engines) of the wing.... on photos it looks like it's perfectly level with the horizon, and on the PMDG version it angles downwards.

UPDATE: Ok nevermind, I have just found the other thread talking about this. May as well delete this

• Upvote 2

You are not alone. I brought up a topic about this and many people have the same feeling, hope PMDG would fix it.

• Upvote 2

Bai Jian

Bai - I think you will find PMDG defending their flex implementation as faithful to Boeing's design, since that is who they received the data from.  I can't speak for PMDG, but I believe they nailed it.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Bai - I think you will find PMDG defending their flex implementation as faithful to Boeing's design, since that is who they received the data from.  I can't speak for PMDG, but I believe they nailed it.

I feel the same way. They have the right to stick on their design, however, just simply delete a topic is way not professional.

• Upvote 3

Bai Jian

Sorry to say this,but you're beating a dead horse, my friend...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I feel the same way. They have the right to stick on their design, however, just simply delete a topic is way not professional.

It went south, and there was no real, specific, clear, data-backed solution. Instead of letting it continue to devolve while we're also in here trying to support people with actual usability issues, I put it out to pasture. If people can rationally discuss the issue while also providing actual data, then that's fine.

Kyle Rodgers

What kind of data do you need? Anyone with 20/20 vision can spot the issue. I'm not trying to be smart, but it's pretty apparent.

Yeah, I love me some PMDG, and there are a lot of "know it all" types out there that give them flack about things that they don't have data for, but this wing droop when empty is not in line with what is seen out in the real world. Maybe they did model it right, but some glitch is preventing it from showing? All it takes is seeing an arriving 747 coming into the gate to see that the wings are almost straight, which obviously means it has lower fuel levels than a drooping wing of one ready to depart across the Pacific.

It's not a big deal in terms of the whole simulation, but maybe they can work on it at a later time after initial release support winds down.

• Upvote 2

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg