Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

Fuel Imbalance

Hi All,

I have complete 4 flights with the 747 and each time i get a Fuel imbalance yellow warning

here are the tank readings

Main 1 13.3

Main 2 9.8

Main 3 9.8

Main 4 13.3

No yellow lights on the overhead panel

Thanks

Andrew B

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I have complete 4 flights with the 747 and each time i get a Fuel imbalance yellow warning

This happens when you ignore the TANK/ENG warning on the EICAS.

When you see this, you will need to turn off the OVRD tanks on the inboard tanks, and then close the outer (unguarded) crossfeeds. The tutorial flight references this.

Kyle Rodgers

When you see this, you will need to turn off the OVRD tanks on the inboard tanks, and then close the outer (unguarded) crossfeeds. The tutorial flight references this.

Got it 

thanks

Andrew

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I got this on my first flight. Quickly figured it out (I had just forgotten, in my haste). Reconfigured all engines to the tanks with the higher fuel level until it was evened out, and the imbalance warning went off, then went back to tank to engine mode.

The imbalance does not go away. It remains. I tried different combinations. First the one Kyle said. Turn off OVRD tanks and outer unguarded Xfeeds.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Peter, you are jumping onto an old thread without explaining your problem.  What are your tank readings and how are the pumps/xfeeds configured?

Basically, you pump fuel from the tank that has too much until it is drawn down to the level where all is balanced.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Peter,

In addition to Dan's post a few screenshots of the following would be useful:

_ Overhead fuel control panel

_ Upper EICAS (after pressing the RCL button on the DSP)

_ Lower EICAS on the fuel page

Also, if you are not familiar with the fuel management on the B747 (as it sounds from your post), the following may help you:

_ First:

_ FCOM, Fuel system operation, 12.20.13

_ FCOM, Supplementary procedure, fuel balancing SP.12.1

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

2 hours ago, Piotr007 said:

The imbalance does not go away. It remains. I tried different combinations. First the one Kyle said. Turn off OVRD tanks and outer unguarded Xfeeds.

Of course it doesn't if you simply follow the procedure that I listed. The procedure that I listed is to prevent the imbalance and not solve it.

To clarify my above post:

Note that I am referring to the cause of the imbalance, and not the imbalance itself.

"This" related to the first point (ignoring TANK/ENG) would of course be referring to the TANK/ENG warning on the EICAS.

Kyle Rodgers