Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Sizing up the paint kit.....

Working on getting the paintkit sync'd with Paint Shop Pro X9 (the paint app I use)....here is what it looks like so far:

(I'm thinking you guys can guess the 1st paint out of my shop? :shok: )

EBrY9M.jpg

Don't worry that the "Orange" you see in the reference photo is all but red...that comes from over-saturation on the photographer's side...that orange you see I'm using is the official orange of TNT, taken from here:

http://www.tnt.com/content/dam/tnt_express_media/de_ch/site/about_us/media/2016-02_TSP_BRAND-GUIDELINES_en.pdf

The hex code for the orange is #ff6600 if you're curious. :wink:

She's looking like a very fun plane to paint...just give us some time to get the paintkit sorted guys and we'll start getting you more paints (You guys ALWAYS want more! hehe)

Please don't expect her soon, I'm actually away from my computer starting tomorrow for a few days, so I'll pick her up when I get back...oh...and I'll be flying her too...so there's that.  :lol:

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Nice start mate.

Thanks my friend!

Can't wait to see what you're cooking up in your paint shop!  (Or did you already announce that and I missed it?)  I'm hoping for an ANZ Hobbit plane of some sort! :wink:

EDIT:  LOL....shoulda' hit your FaceBook page before I posted, would have answered my own question....Can't wait for your QANTAS beauty!

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Thanks my friend!

Can't wait to see what you're cooking up in your paint shop!  (Or did you already announce that and I missed it?)  I'm hoping for an ANZ Hobbit plane of some sort! :wink:

EDIT:  LOL....shoulda' hit your FaceBook page before I posted, would have answered my own question....Can't wait for your QANTAS beauty!

I don't have a lot of interest in painting old liveries or the specials. I started on my Qantas

Qantas_002.jpg

• Upvote 1

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Looks great!  I so love how the wing sags...exactly like the real thing!

I used to see these beauties at KLAX all the time...now its the 380  :Sick:

Its a techno-marvel and good for the airline's bottom line (for now), but heavens it is not aesthetically pleasing at all!

The 747's curves....now THAT is a good lookin' gal!  (Although I much prefer a smaller hump...the 100s and 200s were the best looking..and the F of course) 

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

I would love an Air NZ in the new colours, both black like ZK-OKQ and bi-colour like the rest of the fleet. The 747's never got this paint IRL.

I may try one myself, but have never been good at lining up graphics that cross from fuselage onto the tail.

What an exciting project Steve.  Interesting read on TNT's Brand Guide.  Thanks for sharing.

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

I'm hoping for an ANZ Hobbit plane of some sort!

Oh I wish wish wish... I did have a look for useful photos for the 777 in the time of the LoR liveries but couldn't even get close.  I 'thought' PMDG were doing a LoR 747 but I was wrong again I guess.

Thanks guys...I'm drawn (pun intended) to orange planes...and in fact I think my next paint after this one will be orange as well. (Hint...I painted her on the 777F)

Hey Robert...who knew they were so picky about their branding?

John, I'd love to see a LoR too but like you mentioned there is not good reference material to do a quality paint.

Wes, Not sure I'll attempt ANZs new colors...too many other paints I have in my mind to do, apologies.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Thanks guys...I'm drawn (pun intended) to orange planes...and in fact I think my next paint after this one will be orange as well. (Hint...I painted her on the 777F)

Hey Robert...who knew they were so picky about their branding?

John, I'd love to see a LoR too but like you mentioned there is not good reference material to do a quality paint.

Wes, Not sure I'll attempt ANZs new colors...too many other paints I have in my mind to do, apologies.

Darn Steve, you're good at reading minds. Im just finishing up. A few more kinks left here and there :)

fnpaint.jpg

Darn Steve, you're good at reading minds. Im just finishing up. A few more kinks left here and there :)

fnpaint.jpg

LOL...and what are the odds we picked the same reg?  Spooky!  I was just transferring the paint I did off the iFly version.

I think I'll pull mine out of the hangar and let you finish yours...and when I get back to it I'll make mine with the old "Global Express, Logistics and Mail logo"

I have another orange one I want to do anyway...or maybe the KLM CARGO I promised a few of my Dutch friends.  :wink:

Your TNT looks...well.....DYNE -O-MIIIITE!!! (in my best Jay Jay voice, hehe)

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

LOL...and what are the odds we picked the same reg?  Spooky!  I was just transferring the paint I did off the iFly version.

I think I'll pull mine out of the hangar and let you finish yours...and when I get back to it I'll make mine with the old "Global Express, Logistics and Mail logo"

I have another orange one I want to do anyway...or maybe the KLM CARGO I promised a few of my Dutch friends.  :wink:

Your TNT looks...well.....DYNE -O-MIIIITE!!! (in my best Jay Jay voice, hehe)

Thanks bud, i'll probably finish it off tomorrow and upload to AVSIM. Let me know the ones you'll be working on so I wont do the same ones  :Tounge:  :Tounge:

On the side note I might be attempting to do "AirBridge Cargo" for the ERF model next.

Like I said, if none of you experts are going to do it, I am happy to try. I always get stuck on matching up the fern leaf between tail and fuselage though. I did manage it on the NGX so may have a jam this weekend and see.

Cant wait for your other paints!!

SAC1.jpg

Singapore Airlines Cargo  B747-400F  9V-SFF

I chose this one to do while finding my way with the paintkit. Which is a bit different to previous paintkits. But i think I like working from the master entirely, rather than having most of the detail work at the seperate fuselage .psd(s) level. Quicker in the paint - check - repaint cycle. You really only have to pass the livery though the fuse psd(s) on the final builds to pick up the alpha channel. Yes I'd have liked more goodies in the weathering layers, but it won't take much time to work up a catalogue of grungy bits to mix and match. 

Download from AVSIM  https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=198293

This is the same reg as the PMDG  UPS 747F

Could anyone do the "used" version? Would love it

UPS_747_N581UP.jpg

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip