Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Sizing up the paint kit.....

You need to pull it through the .psd through a program that's in the sdk. and convert to a (what ever the files are called I can't remember!) Least That's how I learnt to do it, can't remember what it's called am away from PC, I'll check later, unless someone beats me to it.

Liam

Liam Reynolds - EGNS

sig_smaller.jpg

Youtube Channel

More of the UPS , must be her winter coat!

31715224156_fc8f3541d2_b.jpg

31752679035_eda0e79f0c_b.jpg

30942961013_eb95494464_b.jpg

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Question for the pro painters.

I know that the PMDG_747v2_NNumber.dds places the Reg/Selcal details on the flightdeck but what is the purpose of the PMDG_747v2_NNumber_Black.dds?

Thanks ...

Jack Ford

If you're using photoshop, just download and install the nVidia DDS tools.

Hey John...the plugin works perfectly in Paintshop as well...totally transformed how I manage the transition from masters to final texture maps...could not paint without it now. :wink:

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Only file I can't repaint is the Rego on the PMDG_747v2_NNumber.dds file. I open it with Photoshop and it plain grey! Ant tips?

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Only file I can't repaint is the Rego on the PMDG_747v2_NNumber.dds file. I open it with Photoshop and it plain grey! Ant tips?

That file is build on alpha channels. You need to go into the channels tab and select alpha

That file is build on alpha channels. You need to go into the channels tab and select alpha

Thanks

Pete Richards

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

How do you edit the PMDG_747v2_Binders.dds   ? So I can change the airline logo on the manuals? 

Pete Richards

How do you edit the PMDG_747v2_Binders.dds   ? So I can change the airline logo on the manuals? 

I just imported DDS into photoshop, removed the old stuff and added new

Anyone making a FedEx livery?

Hey Carl, it seems all I have to do is mention that I'm painting one and 4 other painters will show previews of the one's they have in progress. Lol.

So far......

TNT done

KLM Cargo done

Centurion done

UPS done done done

Atlas pax done

Atlas gold done

Singapore cargo done

So all you other painters...I'm doing FedEx....let's see what you already have in work, hehe.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg