Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

Wing flex during turbulence

Hello,

re wing flex, i decreased that via AS16 (decreased rates on turbulence ).

The product is great, animation excellent, only what would be just great if (as said in the quote above) there is little bit increas of animation steps. This is valid for wing flex but also for animation of flaps and rotating engines...

Would that have a huge impact on FPS or VAS ?

many thanks

JM

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

It's the excessive outer wing droop that I have noticed on the ground that bothers me, although I agree that the wing flex animation looks rather too dramatic (with too few "steps" as Rob has suggested).

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Speaking of turbulence: 

Can we expect this in our simulator? (See from minute 01:50)

James Goggi

While waiting for the fix, has anyone found a good AS16 setting in order NOT to have that unrealistic wing flex during moderate to severe turbulence? I have tried low values for turbulence scale but my 747 looks like a bird flapping its wings... Thanks.

James Goggi

While waiting for the fix, has anyone found a good AS16 setting in order NOT to have that unrealistic wing flex during moderate to severe turbulence? I have tried low values for turbulence scale but my 747 looks like a bird flapping its wings... Thanks.

Instead of relying on subjective values to satisfy varying degrees of perceived realism, why not just fly the aircraft from the flight deck and not stress so much about being a passenger until they fix it.

• Upvote 1

FSUIPC?

Curious.  Is there something in FSUIPC that is causing droop?

Steve Giblin

There's something in FSUIPC about assigning a flap axis that can cause an aircraft to not climb, or gain speed. I wouldn't put much out of the question when it comes to aircraft behaving oddly when its installed and not properly configured.

Kyle Rodgers