Sign in to follow this  
stufer

Sound problems and cold and dark issues

Hello

I hope someone can advise me on some problems I am having with the Dash.

I purchased the Pro edition last year but am only just getting round to trying it!

First of all, I tried to register with the official forums but it says it requires an invitation code. I am probably being really dense, but where do I get that from please? I've figured this bit out and have requested an invitation code - please ignore this bit!

Ok, onto my issues with the software itself. I am using P3D v3.4 hotfix 2 (Not the recent hotfix that LM released yesterday). I only updated the client to hotfix 2, not the other elements.

I got the Airline to Sim videos and have been learning to fly it from those. It was while watching it that I realised something wasn't right as I wouldn't get any alarm sounds internally and the internal and external views sounded exactly the same.

So, I redownloaded the installer from Simmarket, got the latest patch from the website (1.018e) and reinstalled it all as Administrator. It was successful, all the sounds were working correctly.

However, I set the aircraft to load up in a cold and dark state and whenever it loaded, it would start rolling forwards really fast until the C&D script kicked in and applied the brake. Even if I applied the toe brakes, I couldn't get it to stop rolling before the script kicked in.

I searched for this problem on the internet and found advise to reinstall it. OK, so I reinstalled it - same installers as I'd used previously, as Administrator but now I can't get the sound to work!!! I've tried it about 4 times now - completely remove the programme, restart, install as Admin, restart, apply 1.018e patch, restart. No alarms and no internal sound.

I really can't figure it out and am just about pulling my hair out! Please can someone help me to get it installed with the sound working and it not to shoot off over the airport as soon as it loads in a cold and dark state!

Also, is it normal that when it loads, it sort of drops onto the airport from what appears to be several feet up?

Apart from all this, the aircraft looks amazing and I can't wait to fly it properly.

Many thanks in advance,

Stu

Stuart Furley

Majestic only officially support the latest version of P3D, which I believe is V3.5.

The sound issue can be fixed by ensuring Set HideInfoText=0 is in your Prepar3D.CFG file

• Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Majestic only officially support the latest version of P3D, which I believe is V3.5.

The sound issue can be fixed by ensuring Set HideInfoText=0 is in your Prepar3D.CFG file

Thank you very much indeed Chris. I will check out the Hide Info Text thing tonight and let you know. I did indeed turn off the info text to hide the Academic License watermark, but if I have to have that on in order to enjoy the Dash, then so be it.

I believe the most up to date version of P3D is 3.4 (hotfix 3) - at least that's all I can see on their downloads page.

Thanks a lot mate, I really appreciate that.

Stu.

Stuart Furley

Hi Chris

Putting the info text back on has indeed fixed the sound issue. Thank you so much for your help there, I was almost ready to give up and it was such a simple thing!

I have had responses to my other issues on the Majestic forum so its all up and working now. Thanks a lot and all the best to you!

Cheers

Stu

Stuart Furley