Sign in to follow this  
Spidierox

How to create a new different aircraft airframe

Hello Everyone,

I was trying to figure out how I can create a new airframe, but it is not clear to me on how to do that when reading the introdcution.pdf

(yes, I do read manuals)

The idea:

FSX 747-400 is loaded with the airframe N744PM.

I decided to make a few changes.

Now I want to save them those changes to another yet non-existing airframe OO-KPM

How do I manage that ?

So how do I create - if possible - a new airframe from within the FMC ? and if not possible from FMC how else ?

The manual states airframes that exists, how to change them but (or I completely am missing this) not on how to create it.

Please advice

kind regards,

Dieter

Hello Everyone,

I was trying to figure out how I can create a new airframe, but it is not clear to me on how to do that when reading the introdcution.pdf

(yes, I do read manuals)

The idea:

FSX 747-400 is loaded with the airframe N744PM.

I decided to make a few changes.

Now I want to save them those changes to another yet non-existing airframe OO-KPM

How do I manage that ?

So how do I create - if possible - a new airframe from within the FMC ? and if not possible from FMC how else ?

The manual states airframes that exists, how to change them but (or I completely am missing this) not on how to create it.

Please advice

kind regards,

Dieter

Maybe to clarify even more:

For example you could set one set of options for the N744PM setting, then manually make changes and save the file as N744PM2.ini

--> where do you find the LSK to save it ? 

Hi Dieter

I too have never really found a definitive explanation of what this means, as the same issue occurred with the B777, where it also says you can save multiple definitions for the same tail number by "manually altering" the configuration file and saving it with a new name.   The only conclusion I reached is that you copy the configuration file in question (location is <P3D root>\PMDG\PMDG 747 QOTSII\Aircraft folder), load it into Notepad (or other suitable text program), and the manually adjust each line as appropriate.  Then save this with a new name, e.g  N744PM tail number could be saved as N744PM2.ini.   If anyone has a way of doing this from the FMC directly, I would also be glad to know how.    You obviously cannot just alter the AIRCRAFT configurations from the FMC as these would automatically be saved to the existing N744PM.ini file, so you would lose the previous version of that file!

Regards

Keith Bowler

Hi Dieter

One thing occurred to me after posting the  above.  I suppose you could go to the configuration folder, copy the original configuration file, say N744PM.ini to a separate location.  Now use the FMC to alter that aircraft's configuration (it obviously must be loaded into P3D).   Now go into the folder location again; rename the changed N744PM.ini file from N744PM.ini to N744PM2.ini, then copy the original N744PM.ini file from wherever you save it back into the folder.    You now have the original and the one with the changes available.    This allows you to use the FMC to make the changes without having to interpret what each entry in the file means if you do it manually with Notepad.

Regards

Keith Bowler

Regards

Keith Bowler

Hi Keith,

I came to the same conclusion...maybe someone from PMDG can help further but for now it seems we have to do it like you described

Thanks for replying! 

Dieter 

you can save multiple definitions for the same tail number by "manually altering" the configuration file and saving it with a new name.

This is exactly what the Operations Center will do if it finds and existing N744PM.ini file when you are installing a livery (such as when beta testers are asked to delete all simobject folders for new test build).  OC will ask you if you want to replace the ini file or create a new one. If you create a new one it will be N744PM2.ini or something very close to that.

Dan Downs KCRP

This is exactly what the Operations Center will do if it finds and existing N744PM.ini file when you are installing a livery (such as when beta testers are asked to delete all simobject folders for new test build).  OC will ask you if you want to replace the ini file or create a new one. If you create a new one it will be N744PM2.ini or something very close to that.

The ops never suggested a new frame.

I can upload a new livery (*.ptp file) maybe then he asks for a new frame number?

But from within FMC you cannot create a new airframe  correct ?

The ops never suggested a new frame.

It only does that if it is installing a new texture and finds and existing aircraft ini file.  Correct, you cannot do this within the FMC.  There is a pretty good description on how tail numbers are related to configurations, which is what the ini file is all about, in the Introduction document.

Dan Downs KCRP