Sign in to follow this  
Uiuaa

FSX unusable with PMDG products

Good Day,

this problem is not specifically linked to an AC so I hope its right to post it here

I have a mjaor problem with my FSX. After some problems I decided to completly re-install my FSX including a complete fromatting of Windows.

I was a little bit fast and installed FSX before all the Updates. FSX didnt worked as planed and I decided to to the complete process again, this time being more patient.

But well, the problem is still here and I have no Idea what to do!

I have tried an installation under C:FSx and again one with the standart folder. Firewall is off. i have also tried an older driver for my GTX1060.

If I am starting the FSX it most often looks ok...
32655721255_8837c23b7c_h.jpg

If I change between full-screen and window mode and vise versa FSX is turing crazy. Sometimes switching back might be a solution but afterwards its just getting worse.
4_12.jpeg

It can also look like this
31812736914_f9f7a88167_h.jpg

I found a small panel in the upper right corner, which can not be closed. I have made it bigger to show it to you. Looks like the AP panel.
31843335523_89b6aad276_h.jpg

The T7 is also not usable
32502615332_30c5695125_h.jpg

Installed is only FSX, ACC-Pack, Flightbeam KSFOHD, FSUPIC, PMDG 747 and 777.

When using the standart AC there is no problem in switching between window and fullscreen.

Please help me :excl:

If any further info is required I am happy to provide them.

Thanks in advance guys :hi:

You forgot to mention what your cpu is, as well as whether your FSX is using your graphics card or cpu graphics.  This may be a simple case of ensuring that FSX is recognizing your gpu for graphics instead of intel integrated graphics, which makes a huge difference.  Remember that FSX is a cpu-intensive simulator, so despite upgrading to a better gpu, you may still find that your single-core usage might be low.  Flightbeam's airports, as well as PMDG's aircraft, do use a lot of resources, out of the gate, so again, if your cpu isn't fast enough, you may have to turn down some settings in your sim.

I also see that you have FSX with the Acceleration pack installed, have you considered the Steam Edition of FSX?  Perhaps using the rather old and non-optimized boxed edition of FSX is causing some issues as well.  I haven't worked with FSX in a really long time, but from my own experiences, a lot of tweaking and settings adjustments are needed to get FSX running smooth and stable.

• Upvote 1

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Hey,

thanks for the answer. My FSX was already installaed on the same System without any problems, until the immersion pack for the 737 somehow killed my FSX and since I wanted a clean installation I just reinstalled the whole System after formatting my SSD.

My System --> GTX1060 6GB, I5-4960 @3,5GHZ, Windows 7

This may be a simple case of ensuring that FSX is recognizing your gpu for graphics instead of intel integrated graphics, which makes a huge difference.

31821130384_bd9c535a70_b.jpg

This should be correct?

If you're using the box version have you put in the himem fix line? That may help

• Upvote 2

If you're using the box version have you put in the himem fix line? That may help

What excactly do you mean with that?

David, there are many guides here at AVSIM that can assist you in re-setting up your FSX.  As Steve mentioned, the himem fix should be in your config, as it is a must.  Combine that with a few other essential tweaks and you should be good to go.  I'm not up on my German, like I should be, but I do see that your gpu is recognized, which is a good thing.  I would also call into question the location of your installation, as well as whether you have any background processes running as well.  There are several factors that could be limiting good performance of FSX right now, so I'd advise you to check out the guides here and compare.

• Upvote 1

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

You can simply check the introduction manual read throug starting on page 21 and not too far down and you will find a few things that should be done on your FSX configuration files.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the reply. Sorry you are right, should used google before asking,,, :fool:

It looks like its working now, hopefully. Funnily I never used the fix before and never had any problems running my FSX.

If its works, I drink a beer on you three guys.

Thanks!! :Cuppa:<-- Change that to a beer if you want to!