Sign in to follow this  
olibarke

Performance Charts

From my memory of the old PMDG for FS9, I remember there being performance tables for nearly everything we ever needed.

I was wondering if there is any source or if i've missed a document with such for the new release. If the aircraft models and engines have been accurately represented, the data must therefore be available?

This is study level sim, and so just doing TOGA takeoffs or using the 10/20% derates is a bit noddy. I want to be able to calculate the accurate Speeds and Derate Assumed Temp for the runway length and atmospheric conditions on the day. 

The tutorial just says stick 58 in which doesn't allude to how it was calculated.

Many thanks

Oli Barker

Thanks, but like the old PMDG 747 allowed, I like to crunch the numbers and really understand what my limitations are based on. Im aware the airlines use computers but they still have the tables to see what the limits are.

I am planning on re-installing FSX on a spare partition and installing my old 747 which I bought in 2007 just to get access to the full Precision Manuals. I might even take it for a short spin or two just to see what has changed in a decade. I finally broke down the other day and installed the Xplane 11 demo just to see what all the fuss was about, and was completely blown away by a feature I had heard about but dismissed as just a gimmick; Runways that aren't level.

the older book performance that came with the first queen was valid only for the pax/combi/ modified freighter version in GE engines ...

You have to search for it, the performance data is not cheap and it is always proprietary.  All PMDG got from Boeing this time for distribution is the FCOM you see, with only enroute performance charts for GE and PW.  The performance data they used to develop the simulation was not available for distribution, at a cost that any of us could afford.

Dan Downs KCRP