Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

YouTube Video VATSIM Observations

I have just watched a YouTube video of Matt Davies flying the PMDG 777 from EHAM Amsterdam Schiphol to KSFO San Francisco with VATSIM. Now, I am aware that many people use VATSIM because they want their flights to be as realistic as possible, but I noted several issues that I had never considered before. Matt was clearly using detailed payware versions of both airports, but it occurred to me that not everyone would be using the same addons (or any addons at all for that matter). The issues that I noted were......

* The Brussels Airlines Dash 8 at EHAM taxiing to the runway ahead of Matt's 777 was not following the taxiway centreline. In fact, it was not even on the visible taxiway at all!

* An American Airlines 757 at KSFO ready for departure on runway 19L was taxiing on a grassy area between two adjacent taxiways.

* A Skyteam 777 at the gate (next to the one where Matt was parking his aircraft) was half embedded in the terminal building!

* An Easyjet A319 was parked at KSFO.

Is this a common feature when using VATSIM? If so, isn't this incredibly annoying for flight simmers who (I assume) are looking for total realism in their flights? The last one would not bother me, but the other three most certainly would!!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I think we saw the same video, it was bizarre watching aircraft taxi everywhere EXCEPT on the taxiways.

I figured that the other pilots' AFCADs/scenery were clearly not the same ones that Matt Davies was using.  It probably does detract a bit from the immersion of it, but not sure there's much that can be done about it.

It happens, but it's really not as prevelant as you think. Most people who fly on VATSIM update their AFCADs (thank you, Mr Smith!). When it does happen, it really doesn't damper the immersion too much; at least not for me.

Matt King

Yes this happens once in a while.  Most of the major airports people have the payware addons but some of the smaller ones you get this issue......when compared to people spawning on the runway or generally ignoring the controller or constantly missing the radio call and saying "say again or send via text" it really falls to the bottom of the list of Vatsim annoyances.....and this is from someone who loves Vatsim and flies almost every flight on the network.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000