Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

Meridian Navigraph Extension Pack

http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/index.php?accion=product&correl=186

You don´t need to have a subscription with Navigraph because this extension pack installs an October 2013 Navigraph database which has all the information you need to perform a flight. But if you want to keep your database up to date you will need a subscription with Navigraph (click here to get it).

Features
Updatable database
AIRAC cycle 1310 (October 2013) included
G1000 Prodigy
       Load a departure procedure (SID)
       Load an arrival (STAR)
       Load an approach (RNAV, ILS, VOR, etc.)
       Multicolor screen display
VNAV feature operative

Included in the package
G1000 with Navigraph updatable database feature
AIRAC cycle 1310 (October 2013)
G1000 manual PDF

Currently $5.95, but they mention on their Facebook page that this is an introductory price for 10 days only.

What do you think?

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Stay well away is my advise, previous efforts just made the aircraft worse.

• Upvote 1

The installation doesn't seem to work. Still have the old G1000 in spite of installing this. So it's basically a dummy installation program that does nothing.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

The installation doesn't seem to work. Still have the old G1000 in spite of installing this. So it's basically a dummy installation program that does nothing.

I am having the same issue! I ran the installer for the Navigraph extension and now I have no database. Can't even do direct to! Where is this supposed to install?

I am having the same issue! I ran the installer for the Navigraph extension and now I have no database. Can't even do direct to! Where is this supposed to install?

Well mine works fine, but it's still using the default database:

http://imgur.com/a/t0dL8

Although I didn't actually try using it, maybe direct to won't work for me either.

Pretty sure it's not meant to say Socata, either :P

Edit: Can confirm, nothing in the database.

Edit #2: Fixed it.

Carenado forgot to add an entry for the Carenavigraph.dll file to dll.xml.

To fix, open C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\dll.xml (or the equivalent for your simulator, e.g. Microsoft\FSX, Prepar3d V2 etc.) and put in:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Carenavigraph</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>Carenavigraph.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
Put it after the last   </Launch.Addon> line, before the </SimBase.Document> line.

MSFS / XP

More issues:

When you press the Nav button, the Autopilot now activates by itself.

Also when you press the battery master switch, the entire avionics suite comes on.

I guess the reason it's cheaper for the first days is because it's still in beta...

• Upvote 1

MSFS / XP

As usual, please send your findings to Carenado so they can fix it.

Caribpilot, as I hinted in the other thread and as others have mentioned many many times, why do we have to be Carenado's free beta testers? They release a 1.0 full of bugs, take our money and wait for us to give them a list of things that aren't working. It's one thing for us to find a thing here or there and contact the producer and suggest a thing or two. But this? In fact I have sent them messages about the Meridian after I discovered the incorrect condition lever colour in their pre-release video and offered them support as a real pilot with time in and access to the real airplane but they dismissed me. So I ask you, who does the beta testing and lets all the bugs through into the release?

• Upvote 2

Christopher Malek

Sydney, Australia

Caribpilot, as I hinted in the other thread and as others have mentioned many many times, why do we have to be Carenado's free beta testers? They release a 1.0 full of bugs, take our money and wait for us to give them a list of things that aren't working. It's one thing for us to find a thing here or there and contact the producer and suggest a thing or two. But this? In fact I have sent them messages about the Meridian after I discovered the incorrect condition lever colour in their pre-release video and offered them support as a real pilot with time in and access to the real airplane but they dismissed me. So I ask you, who does the beta testing and lets all the bugs through into the release?

I need to go back to my philosophy of not buying anything from Calabeo until after a few patches have come out.

However, staying on topic, I definitely do *not* recommend the Navigraph addon at this time. The installer is broken and actually destroys the G1000. Once you get it to work by manually performing the missing installation steps, you find it actually makes the aircraft worse because of the new bugs introduced.

So at least wait until Carenado have patched this mess. Then maybe it might be worth a buy.

MSFS / XP

lol

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

So I thought that  $6  would not break the bank and i bought this addon earlier today..I  created my flight plan,climbed to 16000 and when time came to descend i clicked on vnav.The  plane went nose down  f-16 style and ....