Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

Meridian Navigraph Extension Pack

So I thought that  $6  would not break the bank and i bought this addon earlier today..I  created my flight plan,climbed to 16000 and when time came to descend i clicked on vnav.The  plane went nose down  f-16 style and ....

Number one rule of Carenado aircraft. NEVER - EVER touch that VNAV button!

I updated the as well and for me I can't seem to switch the default departure that comes up at the airport I'm using. I just sent Carenado an email about it. 

I updated the as well and for me I can't seem to switch the default departure that comes up at the airport I'm using. I just sent Carenado an email about it.

Is your vnav working ? if yes how  did you get it work ?  thx

Is your vnav working ? if yes how  did you get it work ?  thx

Haven't tried it yet but if I do I'll let you know. 

I wish they'd just stick to steam.  I don't know what they're thinking putting out this G1000 again and again.  I'd have the TBM and, possibly, this bird in my collection if they'd get rid of that junk.

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I wish they'd just stick to steam.  I don't know what they're thinking putting out this G1000 again and again.  I'd have the TBM and, possibly, this bird in my collection if they'd get rid of that junk.

+1  These guys have proven themselves to be (wonderful) modelers and texture artists... but one shouldn't have high hopes they'll ever figure out advanced gauge programming.

Greg

Any easy way to uninstall the Extension Pack since it essentially breaks the product?

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Any easy way to uninstall the Extension Pack since it essentially breaks the product?

Not really...I believe you have to uninstall both packs, and then reinstall the base pack.  Doing this will probably break the Navigraph database for their other other add-ons, i.e. the ProLine 21 birds.  If you have any of those airplanes and want to keep using them, you should copy the "Carenado Navigraph" folder from your root FSX/P3D before uninstalling, and then copy/overwrite afterwards.

Looks like the Navigraph adds the gauges PA46_G1000N.CAB and PA46_GAUGEN.CAB. Both of the non-navigraph gauges are still in the gauge folder.

Probably the easiest is to simply reinstall the v1.1 PA46 this should overwrite the panel folder with the non-navigraph panel.cfg.

If you are into some surgery open your panel.cfg and replaces all PA46_G1000N with PA46_G1000 and PA46_GAUGEN with PA46_GAUGE. (I'd backup the panel.cfg first.) 

I'm trying to look at how Bert did the GTN750 modification to the EMB505, however, I am ignorant in the structure of xml gauges. Looks like he pulled the EICAS from the MFD and put it into its own separate gauge, which left a blank area for the GTN750. Simple enough, in theory, much more complex in wading through hundreds of lines of code which is mostly unfamiliar. That and I really don't have the time to mess with this right now.

Well it doesn't look like they're going to patch this extension pack, which is a shame.
Running the Meridian without it now so at least the aircraft itself is usable, but my $5.95 were a complete waste.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

This is typical Carenado, they release a patch or two, the extension pack and they are done. They have done the same thing with nearly every aircraft they release an extension pack for. 

8 minutes ago, KenG said:

This is typical Carenado, they release a patch or two, the extension pack and they are done. They have done the same thing with nearly every aircraft they release an extension pack for. 

But despite everything written lot's of folk here buy their stuff over and over again.

I advised one poster a number of posts back that the Navigraph extensions usually make an already poor simulation even worse but he still went and bought it. guess what, he will probably buy the next aircraft they release as well and that is exactly why Carenado never bother to improve.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't say then never improve, just they make very small adjustments over 5 or so products. The PR21 in their B350 is better than the PR21 in the Hawker. 

Then there are the areas they say cannot be fixed such as their infamous direct to implementation. 

So for those who enjoy corporate and high-end GA aircraft, you can either take Carenado's version in 18 months or wait nearly three times that for one of the other developers to take it on. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, KenG said:

So for those who enjoy corporate and high-end GA aircraft, you can either take Carenado's version in 18 months or wait nearly three times that for one of the other developers to take it on. 

There's some truth right there.  We all want their airplanes to be great.  They're not.  There are limits to what they do.  You can take what they offer or wait for another dev.  Nothing wrong with either decision, per se, but expecting them to be accurate or bug free, especially with glass, is probably not going to be wise. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM