Sign in to follow this  
deepstar

747-400 v2 skeleton in preview mode

Hi

After choosing a 747 v2 it goes to the preview window and begins rotating. Now half of the 747 v2 is a skeleton. Parked at an airport my 747 v2 is fine.

Please advice

Thanks

Usually happens if you leave the preview on too long.

spacer.png

I get that as well but not after while but right away. It's only in the preview mode though so it doesn't really bother me.

Please see the introduction manual document for more information on why it looks like this.

tl;dr: you can ignore it look like that, it will function properly. 

Henk de Vries

Now half of the 747 v2 is a skeleton.

In your fsx.cfg file make sure DisablePreload=0

Mind has the skeleton look in preview too - but performance in FSX:SE is excellent, so not too concerned about it.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

hi @pcubine

Thanks that worked.

So now i have to decide what setting to use. 0 or 1, hmmm......

Mind has the skeleton look in preview too - but performance in FSX:SE is excellent, so not too concerned about it.

I was having the same problem. I'm running FSX-SE and after reading the introduction document and specifically the section regarding this issue I added the line DisablePreload=0 as mentioned above and the problem went away. The strange thing is, the document says that this line should have already been there in the FSX-SE . cfg file but was not.

Mark Adams, KPWM

The strange thing is, the document says that this line should have already been there in the FSX-SE . cfg file but was not.

Could have been removed by another program. A number of programs will reach into it and change it. If you look in that folder, you may see a ton of backups from various products.

Kyle Rodgers

Guest BeaverDriver

Is there a particular section that line should be added to in the FSX.cfg file? It's not in there at all and I thought I might add it, but I'm not sure where to put it (if it matters).

Thanks!

Is there a particular section that line should be added to in the FSX.cfg file?

[Main]

(As mentioned in the Intro Manual)

Kyle Rodgers

Guest BeaverDriver

Ok, did that but no change. It would be good to find the source of the issue, but it does show properly once loaded.

Thanks for the help.

It would be good to find the source of the issue, but it does show properly once loaded.

It's really not an issue in the end, honestly. The disablepreload option should get rid of it, but it's literally only for a moment in the loading screen (unless you have a particularly old/slow computer), and even if it remains there, it resolves when you load the sim.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle, are you planning to make new videos for the 747-400?  I enjoyed the tips & tricks you showed us in the 777-200 tutorials and the introduction video to the Queen as well by the way...

Cheers, Marc