Sign in to follow this  
Demious

Yoke and rudder not working

I'm trying to set up controls for the new 747 and my throttles work all fine, but my yoke and rudder dont give any repsonse in the 747 at all.

When I look in the FSUIPC setup, the controls are all sending their signal to FSUIPC.

All other aircraft, including PMDG 737 seem to work normal, this problem only affects the 747.

I set up the yoke and rudder controls in the same way as I did for the 737.

I already deleted the FSUIPC.ini file and restarted P3D create a new one and did a new setup, but this doesnt make any difference.

And I callibrated my yoke and rudder in the driver software.

I'm using:

Win10 64-bit

P3D v3.4.18.19475

FSUIPC 4961

Saitek pro flight yoke

Saitek pro flight rudder

CH throttle quadrant

What am I missing to get my controls working?

Cheers!

Maarten

What am I missing to get my controls working?

As mentioned in the Intro Manual, the vast majority of issues with controls are related to FSUIPC (or misconfiguring FSUIPC). Try dragging your FSUIPC.ini out of the <sim root>\modules folder and putting it in the <sim root> folder temporarily. It will rebuild a file in <sim root>\modules the next time you run the sim. The issue should go away. If it does, it means that FSUIPC was misconfigured, usually because the axes are assigned there instead of in the sim. Assign in the sim. Process in FSUIPC.

Kyle Rodgers

Just to make sure I understand right

assign in the sim = assign through P3D's default control page? But if so, I'm not sure what you mean with process in FSUIPC if they're set up as default controls.

Cheers!

Maarten

assign in the sim = assign through P3D's default control page?

Yes.

But if so, I'm not sure what you mean with process in FSUIPC if they're set up as default controls.

Null zone setting, axis reversal, axis zones, and so on.

Kyle Rodgers

Sweet, I didnt know that that was possible.

I removed the FSUIPC.ini and had it create a new one and that solved the problem for the rudder, but the yoke still doesnt respond.

I reinstalled FSUIPC, but nochange. I uninstalled FSUIPC 4.961 (for P3D3.4.22) and installed 4.960, since I still use P3D3.4.18, but again no change.

I reinstalled the 747v3 and removed the FSUIPC.ini afterwards, but also no change, the yoke shows response in FSUIPC and P3D, it works with other aircraft, but with the 747v3.

Is there anything else I can try?

Cheers!

Maarten

Everything I know that has something to do with the yoke looks okay to me. But if something wasnt enabled, shouldnt the yoke have the same issues with all aircraft? All other aircraft, including the NGX have a working yoke.

Cheers!

Maarten

What are the symptoms? Is the yoke just not moving in the VC, or are you saying it isn't interacting with the 744 at all?

Either way, it shouldn't be causing any issues unless you've done something to cause it to treat the 744 differently. An input device is an input device.

Kyle Rodgers

Good you mention it, I asumed that if I didnt get response in the cockpit, it wasnt working at all, but I checked and on the outside I can see the elevator and ailerons move when I move the yoke, it's just in the VC that the yoke stays in a fixed possition.

If this doesnt affect any other functionality of the aircraft, it should be fine.

Cheers!

Maarten

Check the settings in PMDG SETUP>. There's a setting in there to show or hide the animation, depending on the yoke position.

Kyle Rodgers

Aaaaaaah..! "Yoke move when lowered", I got it!

Thanks, Kyle. You're the man! ;)

Cheers!

Maarten