Sign in to follow this  
SpeedbirdA320FO

747v3 Mipmap VC Panels (P3D)

Hi guys

Just wondering what the consensus is regarding the P3D setting 'Mipmap VC panels' - who's using what? Without it I get clearer displays but some white dot artifacts when using the cockpit but they disappear when it is selected on but the VC displays seem a little blurred. Maybe the GTX680 needs an upgrade?

Loving the 744!

On 2017/02/02 at 5:21 PM, SpeedbirdA320FO said:

Hi guys

Just wondering what the consensus is regarding the P3D setting 'Mipmap VC panels' - who's using what? Without it I get clearer displays but some white dot artifacts when using the cockpit but they disappear when it is selected on but the VC displays seem a little blurred. Maybe the GTX680 needs an upgrade?

Loving the 744!

Good day. I know this is an old thread and have searched the forums but have not found a conclusive response. I have a 1080ti with a 4K monitor and when using PMDG products was wondering whether there is any need to "mipmap" panels? I have tried "on" and "off" but didn't really notice a difference. What are the suggestions with my card and monitor type? Thanks in anticipation.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

9 hours ago, Peter Webber said:

Good day. I know this is an old thread and have searched the forums but have not found a conclusive response. I have a 1080ti with a 4K monitor and when using PMDG products was wondering whether there is any need to "mipmap" panels? I have tried "on" and "off" but didn't really notice a difference. What are the suggestions with my card and monitor type? Thanks in anticipation.

I keep it on, but as you say I see little difference.  Using a 980Ti and 4K screen.

Dan Downs KCRP

I am using a GTX 980 Classified and 48 inch tv 4K screen, and runs very well.

Mo Dez

On ‎2018‎/‎01‎/‎07 at 10:55 PM, downscc said:

I keep it on, but as you say I see little difference.  Using a 980Ti and 4K screen.

Ok..thanks for the feedback...

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X