Sign in to follow this  
arsenal82

RXP GTN 750/650 Touch - Not Installing

good day

after install is complete there is no trace for the dll files

only the 64 and 32 folder are actually there inside the plugin\rxpGTN  folder

thanks for your help - try 2 different pc but same results

can you just quickly explain where exactly all the file are after installation ?

good day

do anybody have a clue why after updating to this new version (6211 trainer installed) i only see a semi-transparent black window with nothing in it when activate the gtn 750 ?

tx

sorted

Can you please explain what went wrong and how you sorted it out? This might relate to your "transparent" window (I suspect there is a GTN_750_1 or similar written in red to the bottom of the window?)

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

hi thanks for your time

(I suspect there is a GTN_750_1 or similar written in red to the bottom of the window?)

yes that is what I get now - exactly as you described  - how can I fix it ?

Can you please explain what went wrong and how you sorted it out?

This indicate a problem authenticating the e-commerce license.

Please do explain how you sorted the installation out.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi

After installation i could not see any dll files in rxp plugin folder

Search system for the files dll and found them in application data rxp folder

I move them into the rxp plugin folder but now i only get the black screen with nothing in it

At the moment is not sorted. When i wrote sorted i mean. That i have found the dll files

Ok this helps!

There are 5 files necessary for the product to be installed correctly:

GTN simulation:

C:\ProgramData\RealityXP\rxpGtnSim32.dll

C:\ProgramData\RealityXP\rxpGtnSim64.dll

C:\ProgramData\RealityXP\RXPGTN.rxp

GTN plugin:

X-Plane\Resources\plugin\rxpGTN\32\win.xpl

X-Plane\Resources\plugin\rxpGTN\64\win.xpl

These are not interchangeable and are different, that is rxpGtnSim64.dll is not a plugin, it is an external module for the plugin.

What files have you moved from which folder then?

ahh

ok

i actually moved all files from the C:\ProgramData\RealityXP  folder into the plugin folder

let me tray to follow your instructions see what happen

tx

still getting the black screen with nothing on it - if i move the mouse over i can see is active look like there clickable functions but se nothing on it.

finally !!

is working

i have to reset the licence key from flight1 customers service web site and it come back to like again !

thanks for your help

much appreciated

ray

Hello,

I purchased the GTN 750 for X-Plane today but it brings up an error message in the install, saying it was unable to change two particular files. I have re-tried several times and ultimately had to reinstall from Flight1 as installer.exe disappeared! The two files in question appear to be among those listed in Jean-Luc's post. I didn't note them I'm afraid. 

When I tried to reinstall the GTN it just went to the 'Finish' window, apparently installing nothing. This means I cannot now find the names of the two offending files. I've done everything with Administrator rights and with my NOD 32 antivirus disabled.

I have X-Plane b9 on a dedicated drive/partition/.  I am using Win 10 Anniversary, 64 bit. 

An experienced user I'm now stuck! I was hoping to find solution on this forum. 

Gareth

Edit

The problem was with the ESET NOD 32 antivirus after all.  False positives everywhere.  Gauge now installed.  Great.

One question - How can you toggle the GTN window visibility on and off without going back to the plug-in menu?

Gareth

How can you toggle the GTN window visibility on and off without going back to the plug-in menu?

I'm glad you've sorted it out in the end!

By default, the plugin installs SHIFT+ ` (the shift+backquote, on US keyboards it is right above the TAB key)

You can also manually assign any keys as you like. The config file is in:

X-Plane\Output\preferences\RealityXP.GTN.ini

It is self-documented!

It can also be assigned in the menu\keyboard\plugin provided menu. Same for button pushes.

Thank you gentlemen, appreciated your replies.

After delving into the menus I confess I managed to answer my own question. And as I move along the learning curve I'm becoming more and more hooked on this sim. After all the years spent with flight-sim, from Sublogic to P3D, nothing else comes close to giving you that visceral sensation of real flight. And there's so much more of course ...

Just to mention .... although I have the GTN up and working I am finding that when I first start up X-Plane I get a CDT. But the next time, it starts fine and there are no problems. Problem goes away if I unistall the GTN. Also, I can't get the NAV function in the Baron P58 AP to slave to the GTN in GPS mode. With or without the FD engaged. C172 works fine. Could be a B58 bug? 

The shimmering. How are the experts getting around this? Is it a matter of experimentation, like FSX/P3D?  What role if any should NCP and NI settings play? Is there any rule of thumb here? Best to avoid?  I'm also conscious of the fact that we're still in beta.

I have just installed the IXEG 737 ... to say I'm impressed and totally immersed is an understatement.  All in all, I find I'm flying and enjoying instead of tweaking and fuming, and as a bonus the decision as whether or not to suffer (as in submit arguably to price gouging) and buy the new PMDG B744 for P3D is no longer on the table. I rushed out and bought the 737 Classic instead.

And lastly ... :-)  could anyone comment on whether upgrading to a GTX 1070 8Gb is likely to do much for my X-Plane experience? My system: i2700k OC 4.5Ghz, Win 10 64 bit, 24Gb RAM, GTX 780 3Gb, SSDs throughout, Asus P8Z68, Corsair 800w PSU, Saitek X52

I also find that X-Plane doesn't remember changes I make to the lateral FOV (between flights or sessions.) A minor annoyance.

Pardon the many questions but you know how it is ...

Kind regards