Sign in to follow this  
Wizball

Default tranisition altitude

Hello.

Thanks for this beautiful aircraft.

I have changed the default transition altitude to 7000ft, but its still showing 18000ft/FL180 in CLB and FORECAST pages on the FMC.

Tom Stian Bjerk

I have changed the default transition altitude to 7000ft, but its still showing 18000ft/FL180 in CLB and FORECAST pages on the FMC.

The saved panel state will override this. If you use a saved panel state, make sure to save the panel state with the new TA.

Kyle Rodgers

The saved panel state will override this. If you use a saved panel state, make sure to save the panel state with the new TA.

Thanks.

Using the default cold and dark as startup. Will do the change and save.

Is it only TA that are affected by this ?

Tom Stian Bjerk

Is it only TA that are affected by this ?

Not sure of your question.  The panel state includes just about every configuration detail, contents of the FMC, position of switches etc.  So I think the answer is no, more than just TA is affected by panel state.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi, Tom,

Haven't experimented on this yet w/ the 747, but if it is like the 777, there's a small problem.  You can set a TA in your default startup state, but it will be  the same for every 747.   You can't have different default panel states for, say, a BA 747, an Air France 747 and a United 747.  But you could have separate panel states with different TAs that you select after you load each aircraft.  I have a Ground Power panel state I made, so if I wanted to I could save that state as "744 GND PWR BA" with the London TA, "744 GND PWR AFR" with the Paris TA, etc.  But AFAIK I would have to manually load the proper panel state after the aircraft loaded -- AFAIK there is no way to have a different startup panel state for a BA 747, an Air France 747 and a United 747.  It might just be easier to manually enter the takeoff and arrival TAs/TLs individually each time.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi, Tom,

Haven't experimented on this yet w/ the 747, but if it is like the 777, there's a small problem.  You can set a TA in your default startup state, but it will be  the same for every 747.   You can't have different default panel states for, say, a BA 747, an Air France 747 and a United 747.  But you could have separate panel states with different TAs that you select after you load each aircraft.  I have a Ground Power panel state I made, so if I wanted to I could save that state as "744 GND PWR BA" with the London TA, "744 GND PWR AFR" with the Paris TA, etc.  But AFAIK I would have to manually load the proper panel state after the aircraft loaded -- AFAIK there is no way to have a different startup panel state for a BA 747, an Air France 747 and a United 747.  It might just be easier to manually enter the takeoff and arrival TAs/TLs individually each time.

Mike

I too would love to see the ability to save a default panel state for each livery. Would help for the TA/TL settings and also for saving the position of the In/hPa selector.

Walter Meier