Sign in to follow this  
maca11

744 v3 FPS

Dear all who already fly the new one,

How is it with FPSs ? is it same as with PMDG 777 better, worse ?

many thanks for any indication !

JM

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

I would also like to know. If anyone has the capt sim 777 I would like a comparison with that as well. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

JM

Better just an amazing plane also regarding VAS :-)

• Upvote 1

André

I would also like to know. If anyone has the capt sim 777 I would like a comparison with that as well.

PMDG's variants have always run at a higher FPS than CS 777 (in P3D), same applies to 744.  I'd say the 744 is about the same maybe a tad better in FPS than the PMDG 777.  VAS usage is high on my setup, higher than the PMDG 777.

Per other sources (not my find), recommend setting P3D water setting to High rather than Ultra to save on VAS.

A few oddities here and there, feels over powered and too much wing flex and the flex animation is coarse, CS 777 has the best Wing flex I've seen in any big wing heavy.

Haven't tried it with latest P3D HF3.

Cheers, Rob.

PMDG's variants have always run at a higher FPS than CS 777 (in P3D), same applies to 744.  I'd say the 744 is about the same maybe a tad better in FPS than the PMDG 777.  VAS usage is high on my setup, higher than the PMDG 777.

That's very much my experience doing some casual and limited testing this evening.

At EGLL gate 431 (no weather) and once stable, the 777 gives me 27.5fps (average) and 3010mb VAS, the 747 27.3fps and 3265 VAS. Removing Orbx England saves me about 200kb.

Jason Jackett

From UK2000 EGCC v2, i would say slightly worse than the 777 for both FPS and VAS, but leagues ahead of the FSL A320.  About 300mb better than the FSL A320 VAS wise, FPS around 20 dipping below 15.

Ian R Tyldesley

I'll pile on here and confirm that my FPS with the Queen is similar to the T7 on P3D.  While VAS is higher, it isn't a problem for any of the routes I tend to fly.

My PC specs are in my signature.  P3D is loaded with FTX Global, FTX openLC Europe and NA, FS Pilot's Mesh, most FSD and FlightBeam airports, a couple flyTampa and Aerosoft airports, ASNext, and EZDok 2.0.  I fly using a single 27" monitor at 2560x1440.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

For me, the 747 seems marginally better than the PMDG 777 for FPS.

Can't comment on VAS as I never have issues with it.   I fly with mediumish settings, eg autogen at 'normal', very little AI, and no road traffic (known resource hogs in FSX:SE).  In airliners I prefer to put my computational power towards the complex airplanes themself, and weather/clouds.    I avoid known VAS heavy addon airports, but it's just fine flying into most addon airports.   Just flew Cargolux from Aerosoft Luxembourg to FlyTampa Athens - no issues whatsoever and 40 FPS solid in the VC, on the ground at both airports.

For a small but measurable FPS boost, I set the PFD and ND VC displats to '10' in the PMDG settings.  Still perfectly fluid but I believe the default value (they are 'dashed out' by default) is 15, so a little saving.

If I were to rank a few well known addons for FPS friendliness, the league table would look something like this:-

(1 is better FPS, 7 is worse)

1. Majestic Q400

2. Aerosoft Airbus A319-A321

3. PMDG NGX

4. PMDG 747 v3

5. PMDG 777

6. TFDi 717

7. FSL A320-X

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

A bit off topic but one question, I am interested in the FSLabs A320, how much worse is its FPS compared to PMDG? Let's say you get 30 FPS in the 777, what would it be in the A320?

A bit off topic but one question, I am interested in the FSLabs A320, how much worse is its FPS compared to PMDG? Let's say you get 30 FPS in the 777, what would it be in the A320?

I'd say about 20-23.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

JM

for me its same fps,around 30-35 on VC , i7,gtx 970,16gb ram