Sign in to follow this  
Dscho

Service Pack 1 d essential ?

Hi all,

i just installed the 737 NGX in FSX - i bought it already at end of 2014 from aerosoft. My question now is: is it required to install SP1D? I don't use FSX:SE, does it achieve any other improvements? Many thanks in advance,

Dscho

• Upvote 1

Hi all,

i just installed the 737 NGX in FSX - i bought it already at end of 2014 from aerosoft. My question now is: is it required to install SP1D? I don't use FSX:SE, does it achieve any other improvements? Many thanks in advance,

Dscho

No it is not required but it would be a good idea to install it. I just looked at the change log for SP1D and there were between 30-40 changes to NGX in that update. Some major and some minor. If you want to download the current version go to - http://support.aerosoft.com/index.php?action=show&dl=VWRWowAEoXyW12Hn4XuNt4TcwT1CPwKBld5Z5Wa5ek5Tf5zUUjSjfuOKS2G7RJOxXlhV1sI1MNnNIPTDBnleXQ%3D%3D.You will need the key from the DVD box. Using the Windows Control Panel>Programs and Features uninstall the NGX (expansion for 600 and 700 first, then the base pack. Then install the base pack first and the expansion second. Besure to run the OC before uninstalling the NGX and and after installing the NGX. The second run will ask you if you want to repair liveries. Select that option and click OK.

Thanks @ The Undecided and pcubine!

Besure to run the OC

please what is the OC? Even after racking my brain i didn't get it :fool:

please what is the OC?

Operations Center

Start > PMDG Simulations > Operations Center

Kyle Rodgers

many thanks for enlightenment - as you can perceive, i am really not a very experienced NGX user. :hi:

many thanks for enlightenment - as you can perceive, i am really not a very experienced NGX user. :hi:

All good. You're welcome. It's a new function of SP1d (for the NGX anyway), so it's not like you would've had much exposure to it.

Kyle Rodgers

Besure to run the OC before uninstalling the NGX

Hey, now i am a bit confused: if the OC is a new function of SP1d, how can i run it before uninstalling the base, if i still haven't installed the SP1d ?

Hey, now i am a bit confused: if the OC is a new function of SP1d, how can i run it before uninstalling the base, if i still haven't installed the SP1d ?

Disregard... that will apply once the OC is installed.  It has a feature that repairs liveries if you have to reinstall the product such as is usually the case for updates.

Dan Downs KCRP

thanks Dan,

to be sure: i need not to run the OC before uninstalling the base NGX ? - i still don't have any extra livery installed.

thanks Dan,

to be sure: i need not to run the OC before uninstalling the base NGX ? - i still don't have any extra livery installed.

That simple.  Uninstall. Install new version. Run OC and download liveries. Fly.

Dan Downs KCRP