Sign in to follow this  
harryanderson4

FSX stops initializing aircraft and wont move camera position

Hi guys,

To prewarn you this error is hard to describe so ive done my best to word it and make it understandable

I've only just started having this error and havent made any changes to the sim. When I load for example the 737 NGX it begins to initialize the systems (where it counts down from 20 etc) but cuts out at like 14 or so and it does this in my 777 also. Then when i try to move the camera with chaseplane the camera wont move and the cursor begins to flash and move position slightly as if it is conflicting but ive checked and im pretty sure it isn't. Then if i press the buttons to move to the outside views that doesn't work either. Also if i try to move to different cameras in the set it doesn't work it just moves the camera to odd angles (for example i have number 7 to go to the next camera but instead it moves the view up to the left so im looking at the flightdeck roof). It sounds a lot like conflicting keys but ive been through all of them and it isn't.

This did happen with EZDOK as well and given how unreliable EZDOK is i thought that was the problem so uninstalled it and purchased chaseplane and initially the error went away and worked fine however recently it has arisen again so it isnt related to chaseplane. I also thought it may be that buttons and keys were clashing so i went into my fsx controls and found a blank assignment and went through all my keys and cleared them but FSX seems to not recognise the keys anymore as it thinks the up arrow is number 7 for some reason but also registers that number 7 is in fact number 7 so im slightly confused. When i first installed chaseplane i cleared the buttons then to make sure they wouldnt clash and then it did register the up arrow was the up arrow but now it has broken for some reason.

I was going to do a fresh reinstall of fsx which i really dont want to do as have alot of addons but wanted to check to see if any of you can help.

Thanks very much any help would be greatly appreciated.

Before taking any drastic measures, I would try some easily fixable things first. Try re

naming your FSX.cfg and then start the Sim letting a new .cfg build. Test to see if it

fixes the problem. If no change, then delete the new .cfg and go back to using the original

one.

Worst case, do a Repair rather than a reinstall.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Before taking any drastic measures, I would try some easily fixable things first. Try re

naming your FSX.cfg and then start the Sim letting a new .cfg build. Test to see if it

fixes the problem. If no change, then delete the new .cfg and go back to using the original

one.

Worst case, do a Repair rather than a reinstall.

Yeah i tried rebuilding a new .cfg file and this didnt fix the issue unfortunately.

How do i go about doing a repair? 

Yeah i tried rebuilding a new .cfg file and this didnt fix the issue unfortunately.

How do i go about doing a repair?

Assuming you have Acceleration, you should uninstall that and then insert disc 1 into your drive and choose the Repair option. It should run and then ask for disc 2. When done, reinstall Acceleration.

The Repair does not affect addons. Save a copy of your FSX.cfg before running Repair to save

time having to change your slider setings.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Assuming you have Acceleration, you should uninstall that and then insert disc 1 into your drive and choose the Repair option. It should run and then ask for disc 2. When done, reinstall Acceleration.

The Repair does not affect addons. Save a copy of your FSX.cfg before running Repair to save

time having to change your slider setings.

Ok thanks very much ill give it a go and see what if that helps