Sign in to follow this  
thibodba57

Some errors I'm having need check by someone

So two things I just noticed on this flight.  I tried to add a Step climb in the Legs page and go invalid entries.  (Tried the two variants that are allowed in the 74 ie 320S or /320S)

And the second was kinda disturbing.  Gross weight 349.4 OAT +1 the aircraft pitched down about 2.5 degrees to accelerate but it was still climbing at 500 fpm.

31858500123_43d0bf1bed_b.jpg

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

And the second was kinda disturbing.  Gross weight 349.4 OAT +1 the aircraft pitched down about 2.5 degrees to accelerate but it was still climbing at 500 fpm.

Drag your FSUIPC.ini file out of the <Sim Root>\Modules folder and into your sim root folder temporarily. Try flying again. If the issue goes away, there's likely an issue with your FSUIPC configuration (usually due to a flap axis).

I tried to add a Step climb in the Legs page and go invalid entries.  (Tried the two variants that are allowed in the 74 ie 320S or /320S)

You need to set both a speed and altitude, I believe.

Kyle Rodgers

Drag your FSUIPC.ini file out of the <Sim Root>\Modules folder and into your sim root folder temporarily. Try flying again. If the issue goes away, there's likely an issue with your FSUIPC configuration (usually due to a flap axis).

You need to set both a speed and altitude, I believe.

Speed isn't required in our aircraft.  Is that some requirement at other operators?  The Speed thing did make it work however.

I actually have no flap axis anymore.  Got rid of it a few flights ago.  I was hoping not to have to delete the ini file but I'll give it a go.  The last time the INI file corrupted it was much more catastrophic than that.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

I actually have no flap axis anymore.  Got rid of it a few flights ago.  I was hoping not to have to delete the ini file but I'll give it a go.  The last time the INI file corrupted it was much more catastrophic than that.

Don't have to delete it. Just pull it up a folder level so that the sim rebuilds a temp one. Check for the issue. If it goes away then you can put the old one back if you want, but you may need to do a little troubleshooting with it.

Speed isn't required in our aircraft.  Is that some requirement at other operators?  The Speed thing did make it work however.

Let me verify it. Software version issue maybe?

Kyle Rodgers

I had no problems entering a step climb, and did it many times during testing.  A simple 320S should do it; however, I'm not sure what happens if it is not an ICAO (not RVSM) flight level. Hmm....

Dan Downs KCRP

I had no problems entering a step climb, and did it many times during testing.  A simple 320S should do it; however, I'm not sure what happens if it is not an ICAO (not RVSM) flight level. Hmm....

Its actually working now after I initially entered the speed as well as the step.  Now I can enter them normally....I'm starting to think my computer needs a shut down and good hard slap and reboot.  I'll try a second flight later today and see if some of this squares up after.

But I tried quite a few times in different places in the Legs page to add steps only to get invalid entries.  <Shrug> 

Thanks for the reply gents.

beta.gif   

My Liveries

But I tried quite a few times in different places in the Legs page to add steps only to get invalid entries.   

Yeah. I was able to set step and descent crossing restrictions without speeds. I might've been getting confused with 777 info.

Odd though. Glad it's working for you now.

Kyle Rodgers

Yeah. I was able to set step and descent crossing restrictions without speeds. I might've been getting confused with 777 info.

Odd though. Glad it's working for you now.

Must be the magnet thats attached to me somehow.  I swear sometime electronics just go berserk when I get involved.

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Must be the magnet thats attached to me somehow.  I swear sometime electronics just go berserk when I get involved.

haha - I know that feeling.

Kyle Rodgers