Sign in to follow this  
simtom

PMDG Forum Banner?

Hello,

I've been searching for the PMDG forum banners (like for the 747, 777 and 737) but can't seem to find them. There is a thread by PMDG about these banners but it isn't updated.

I would like to have one for the 747.

Thanks!

Tomas

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

I would like to have one for the 747.

Vin has been working on them, but we've been so busy that we haven't gotten a chance to post them yet.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Vin has been working on them, but we've been so busy that we haven't gotten a chance to post them yet.

Ok, thanks for explaining, Kyle.

Welcome!

Sorry to bother you again but I'm having some trouble opening the Nose Cargo Door. 

First off all, I checked the QRH and FCOM but didn't find anything related to my problem: I simply can't open it. 

I can however open every other door. I've tried it with the engines still running, with the APU running and with ground power but neither of those work.

I guess I'm missing something very simple but I'm afraid I'm not seeing it ...

Tomas

I guess I'm missing something very simple but I'm afraid I'm not seeing it ...

Yep! First - shameless plug for the intro manual (<sim root>\PMDG\747 QOtS\Flight Manuals). Make sure to at least run through the quick items in the section "the beta team wanted you to know" since it's the stuff that they tripped up on.

Second - to answer the actual question, one of your power sources needs to be AVAIL and not in use. For example, if you're using the APU, use APU L for power, and leave APU R as AVAIL.

Kyle Rodgers

Make sure to at least run through the quick items in the section "the beta team wanted you to know" since it's the stuff that they tripped up on.

Well, I did read some parts of the Introduction Manual but of course not this one ... argh! I should have known by now to first read the whole introduction manual before asking a question :wink:

Thanks for solving my problem though. 

Now off to the cockp... manual!

Well, I did read some parts of the Introduction Manual but of course not this one ... argh! I should have known by now to first read the whole introduction manual before asking a question

Eh - just the Beta section should be enough to get you going on the major points. Good reading for cruise, for sure.

Thanks for solving my problem though. 

Welcome!

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Second - to answer the actual question, one of your power sources needs to be AVAIL and not in use. For example, if you're using the APU, use APU L for power, and leave APU R as AVAIL.

To amplify on the above, on the freighter, EXT 2 or APU 2 has to be available (AVAIL) only to power the Main Deck Handling Bus, which powers the nose cargo door. If both EXT 2 and APU 2 are AVAIL, it will use external (EXT 2). So if you only have External power 1 and 2, have EXT 1 ON and EXT 2 AVAIL, or if you only have the APU running, choose APU 1 ON and leave APU 2 AVAIL, if you have both you can have EXT 1 and EXT 2 ON because you have APU 2 available (AVAIL) for the Main Deck Handling Bus.

I got off track with the above post, I came here looking for the banner as well.

I want to have them for the 777 and 747, both fantastic products...

On 2-2-2017 at 8:41 PM, scandinavian13 said:

Kyle, any news regarding the banners? 

Thanks.

17 hours ago, simtom said:

Kyle, any news regarding the banners? 

As is typical with us, if there is news, it is posted.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

4 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

As is typical with us, if there is news, it is posted.

Thanks!

Intro manual is a great read.  I always re-read it as a refresher as well.

spacer.png