Sign in to follow this  
Tiberione

Texture lighting issue

Hi,

I seem to be having an issue (only with the 747v3) where the texture darkens where the wing of the plane begins. This happens on all of the variants I have tried of the 747v3.

Pictures linked below: 

https://i.gyazo.com/38d3cede31e012f35d35c13a838d7243.jpg

https://i.gyazo.com/d003b1c2360158dcbdf0d55d37bbbb73.jpg

I run Nvidia 970s with updated graphics drivers and no out of game custom graphics settings. I cant seem to figure out why this is happening.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

no out of game custom graphics settings

What are the graphics settings in the sim?

Kyle Rodgers

Are these what you're looking for?

Yeah. Looks okay.

Is this the default livery from the OC? Have you altered any files?

Kyle Rodgers

Yeah. Looks okay.

Is this the default livery from the OC? Have you altered any files?

Yes this is the livery from the OC. I have tried it with other liveries and I get the same result. I have not altered any files.

Yes this is the livery from the OC. I have tried it with other liveries and I get the same result. I have not altered any files.

Something is up with your config if it's happening with all liveries. I just checked this one specifically and it looks fine in my sim, along with a few others to be sure.

Are you using any texture mods? Shaders? etc?

Kyle Rodgers

Something is up with your config if it's happening with all liveries. I just checked this one specifically and it looks fine in my sim, along with a few others to be sure.

Are you using any texture mods? Shaders? etc?

I have ORBX installed for ground textures. No shaders. Only other mods are GSX and AS16 and a few airports.

I have ORBX installed for ground textures. No shaders. Only other mods are GSX and AS16 and a few airports.

Try rolling your drivers back to a previous version maybe? That or delete the Prepar3D.cfg file and let it rebuild? Usually not an issue in P3D, but something is causing your visuals to not render properly.

Kyle Rodgers

Try rolling your drivers back to a previous version maybe? That or delete the Prepar3D.cfg file and let it rebuild? Usually not an issue in P3D, but something is causing your visuals to not render properly.

I had older drivers when I got the 747v3 and noticed this issue, and then updated to the current version with the same results. I will try deleting my p3d cfg. Does it automatically rebuild on starting?

Does it automatically rebuild on starting?

Yep!

Something is up with your rendering settings for sure, so if you can think of any other areas to start looking around, start checking there, too.

EDIT: I doubt it would cause this issue, but were you running the OC as an admin when you were working with it to install liveries?

Kyle Rodgers

Wow, that is weird.  I'd delete the P3D shaders too.

Dan Downs KCRP