Sign in to follow this  
planiac

747 failing to initalise

Hi guys,

thanks for viewing this issue and thanks for any help given!

I installed the 747 yesterday and managed a flight with an OOM but I think that's unrelated to this issue. Anyway today I try to load her up and she just won't.

The sim (P3D) seems to seize up after the 16 second countdown and stops at either 0 or 1. the fps locks at somewhere between 1 and 8. I can't pan around, click anything - nothing whatsoever. I can exit the sim via the red cross in the top right, but that's all. Also, if I do attempt to quit and then say 'no' the sim seems to run for a split second then freeze again. 

I've tried the repair function of the installer as well as a complete reinstall of the aircraft. But, nothing seems to work. I just can't think of anything that could cause it. I've provided screenshots to illustrate my points. Lastly, when the green initialisation bar first appears after the loading of the sim is complete; its just a solid black bar before turning green and starting the initialisation process.

My specs are as follows

Windows 10 64 bit

Nvidia GTX980

16GB Ram

Intel Core i7-6770K 3.8hz

although I'm sure they're not to blame!

Thanks for any help!

Dan

P.S

You can even see in the images that I had been waiting 19mins for something to happen

3JVLAvk.jpg

Vb06zWd.jpg

Welcome to the PMDG forums, Dan. (good name)  Note full names are required please.

Did you try the simconnect module install recommended by the read me file that is included in the zip folder with the installer?

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for your response Dan (love the name) - Daniel Burt here. I only have a readme and the installer. No simconnect module that I can see.

Also, note that I have done a system restore back to before installing the 747 and also deleted all PMDG files on my system before reinstalling. Having only just read the readme in the zip file, I now no this is a big no no and I'm curious to know how much trouble I might be in and if there is a solution should said trouble arise? I then proceeded to reinstall and - touch wood - she seems to work. I've only done 1 circuit, but things look good. 

I would still like to pursue my original issue though given it may happen again with 24hrs.

Thanks again,

Daniel

No simconnect module that I can see.

This issue is probably caused by an incorrect SimConnect runtime installation on your computer, follow these instructions to fix it:

Navigate to this folder:
<P3D root folder>\redist\Interface

Inside this folder you will see folders representing the SimConnect libraries for each past version of FSX.

You'll want to follow this procedure for the FSX-RTM, FSX-SP1 and FSX-SP2-XPACK folders:

1. Open the FSX-RTM folder, then the Retail folder within it.
2. Run the SimConnect.msi file, which will install the SimConnect libraries.
3. Repeat the procedure for the FSX-SP1 and FSX-SP2-XPACK folders.

Let us know if this solves the issue or not.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Kyle. I will check that out. 

Continuing on from my first response. I restarted the sim after having installed a few liveries, started up and noticed the solid black bar along the top of the screen. I thought that I had encountered the same issue, but the countdown began and completed allowing me to use the aircraft. Is the black bar a graphical issue or something normal?

Dan

Sounds like a simconnect issue, stick to Kyle's recommendation then look at what happens.

Dan Downs KCRP

Is the black bar a graphical issue or something normal?

It should be green. This points to some odd stuff going on with your sim. Shaders? Graphics settings? Drivers? Something along those lines, but if the sim were un-messed-with, it would be green.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

1. Open the FSX-RTM folder, then the Retail folder within it.

Kyle, I did as you instructed, but found the .msi file within a lib folder in each of the three main folders. Is this correct? I proceeded to double click each .msi file and received a quick pop up and then nothing else. This occurred for each of the three .msi files. Should the install time be very quick?

I restarted the sim and booted up the 747. I experienced the same black bar initially before getting a 19 sec green bar countdown which ran smoothly. Another successful boot up. 

I will restart my PC and try her again to be sure. Then I presume only time will tell. Besides this 'black bar' glitch is there anything else that I should do to fail safe any potential issues in the future? Or has what I've done been enough to fix my issue?

Thanks to all responders!

Dan

It should be green. This points to some odd stuff going on with your sim. Shaders? Graphics settings? Drivers? Something along those lines, but if the sim were un-messed-with, it would be green.

What would you recommend I look at in order to rectify this Kyle? I haven't got any 3rd party shaders installed. I think my driver requires an update as i restored past when I updated it last. Besides this setting are 'normal'. I'll be honest I'm not entirely sure what sliders I should adjust in order to solve the problem. I have an un-edited .cfg if that helps? 

Dan

All I had the same problem, I put in a ticket and the following was the guidance to try to get it working.  It worked at least for me, and I followed it to the letter:

1. Uninstall the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II product from Control Panel\Programs & Features.

2. Manually delete the PMDG 747-400 folders (7 of them in this product) in <P3D root folder>\SimObjects\Airplanes folder.

3. Manually delete any PMDG folders (13 of them total in this product)  in <P3D root folder>\SimObjects\Misc

3. Manually delete the <P3D root folder>\PMDG\PMDG 747 QOTS II folder.

4. Manually delete the PMDG 747-400 folders (7 of them in this product) in C:\Users\(Your Windows Username)\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects

- You may need to enable the Windows folder option "Show hidden files and folders" to see this location.

5. Download a new copy of the installer from your account at the PMDG store, it will contain the absolute latest version.

6. Install the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II from your new installer.

V/R 
Kris
  • Upvote 1

Should the install time be very quick?

Yes.

I restarted the sim and booted up the 747. I experienced the same black bar initially before getting a 19 sec green bar countdown which ran smoothly. Another successful boot up. 

Again, I'm betting this is more related to some sort of graphics issue on your machine, or some other program.

I will restart my PC and try her again to be sure. Then I presume only time will tell. Besides this 'black bar' glitch is there anything else that I should do to fail safe any potential issues in the future? Or has what I've done been enough to fix my issue?

If the plane works fine, then there's no issue, really. Watch the initialization. If it gets to 0 and everything seems fine, you should be okay.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Kyle and Kris for your responses. 

Kris, it seems everything that PMDG instructed you to do is exactly what I did so hopefully I'm in the all clear considering the readme told me NOT to delete files! 

Kyle, after the restart she booted fine again, perhaps even without a black bar. Not 100% sure as wasn't paying my full attention. Either way a good load and seemed fine. As for the graphical issues, I'm not sure what causes it. After the first 'successful' flight I changed a few scenery sliders to try and combat a potential VAS issue which may have caused an OOM on that first flight. Then when attempting to load up for the second flight I encountered the issue outlined in my first post. Can't imagine scenery sliders having a UI affect? I don't know, but at least she seems to be working for the time being.

Thanks again to all responders! I presume we can call this case solved, unless anyone has anything to add?

Dan

Well i have the same problem with FSX did the simconnect thing, not working. now what

The SimConnects aren't required in FSX. Only FSX:SE or P3D.

Welcome to the forum. Please make sure to include your name in your posts in the future. It may be prudent to send in a support ticket using the link in my signature. That way, we won't lose your need for support in the slew of other posts (and it would help differentiate it from the original post, here).

Kyle Rodgers

Hey guys,

I am also having some issues with getting my new 747 to initialize.   Simulator freezes up once the count down reaches 0.   I have reviewed different forums to see if I could find a workable resolution and haven't been able to find one as of yet.  I have re-installed both Prepar3d v3.4 and PMDG 747.  I have also uninstalled and re-installed all three simconnects and still no luck.  All default aircraft and my PMDG 777 works perfectly fine.  I even tried lowering the graphic settings to min...No luck.  At this point, I am at a loss and need some help.  I have submitted a ticket already but maybe someone else has some ideas.   Below are my computer specs.

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VII FORMULA Intel Z97 

CORSAIR AXi Series AX860i 

Intel Core i7-4790K Devil's Canyon

SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 512GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (Prepar3d install drive)

CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2800 

Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX 280mm Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

2 x Asus GTX 1080 SLI

Windows 10 64-bit

Scott Autrand

Having the same issue. After installing I did a quick flight, takeoff and land. Everything was fine. Today; loaded up cold & dark. Started aircraft, everything still fine, switched to pdf reader to read tutorial then back to aircraft and audio was silent then switches and buttons were no longer clickable. Shutdown sim and rebooted PC. And now aircraft freezes at initializing 0. Did the SimConnect routine above to no avail.

I uninstalled and reinstalled according to the instructions posted by Kris above and everything is working now.

Planning flight KORD to PHNL this weekend. Keeping fingers crossed.

Edited by bills511