Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

How to get crisp clear displays in the VC

I find from the Captains seat the displays are looking pretty bad (jagged lines, etc),  If I zoom in very close then they are very clear and sharp.  I know this is not a PMDG issue but one of how P3D is rendering the view and I assumed all of us have this problem but when Iook at videos online, they displays seem very clear even from far away.  Any suggestions on what I should do there.  Please note that I am using NVidia Inspector and have P3D with no FXAA and MSAA matching Nvidia SGSS at 4X.  I think this is the best I can do with my hardware but expected better results.  (As an aside, same issue on all aircraft including my recent purchase of the FSL A320).  My screen size is 27"   1920x1080.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

i have the same issiue even with 8xsgss. maybe it's a driver problem

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

Turn the brightness down on the individual display panels?

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

I also have the issue not only with displays but only with flood lights. I have tried different AA methods, adjusting the brightness. nothing helps except turning VC mipmaps on. but is not a solution for me since performance goes down rapidly.

hmm maybee it's a prepar3d issiue. as i have it also in the fsl a320 and the 777

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

FXAA is off.

as a temporary solution I have changed CRT backlight color to R 0; G 0; B 15.