Sign in to follow this  
Blythyvxr

Plan view TRK value while flying

Was flying the tutorial flight, and noticed that when I switched to plan view while flying, the TRK value went strange - I'm not sure what the correct intention is - if to show a compass rose at all, if to show the compass rose with current TRK, or to show the compass rose at due north. However, it's clearly showing 347, when I think it should be showing 247.

Capture1_zpspmagvblj.png

No other addons were active at the time other than chaseplane.

Its a called the plan view, as in a map view so one can review the route as in like a map laid out on a table.

Not normally used for navigation.  Nothing strange has happened.  Put it back in Map View.

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Thanks for your help, however this is not my concern. I'm aware of the plan view function

I don't expect to see the segment of the compass arc in planview, and if it's meant to be there, the TRK value appears incorrect.

Just before I fire & forget you have not got your HDG in TRU Mode or done anything silly have you?

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

You are indeed correct & I apologize.

According to my reference material (which of course I could never ever post here for fear of something reminiscent of a Pavlovian reprisal) the heading information & the compass rose data should all be identical to the top portion of the Map Display.  As you have included for reference it should look very similar to the partial compass rose at the base of the PFD.

Best
Steve

For the Devs:

With the CRT Displays selected the magenta depiction of the route should be orientated to true north but the compass rose information & all the information on the ND ABOVE the Compass Rose should be presented as it is depicted when the Map Display is selected on the EFIS Panel.

For reference this is covered in the Boeing 747-400 OM V2, Systems Description, Ch 10, Sect 10, Navigation Display, Plan Mode (page reference may vary by manual type & reference).  Be sure to check both CRT & LCD type depictions as the PLN Mode is depicted differently with LCD Displays.

Steve Bell