Sign in to follow this  
Tanguy SEHA

The fifth engine?

Hi folks,

Last year we saw a preview that it will be possible the attached a 5th engine on the Queen, I didn't found this feature, is there any of you who know how to do??

Thank you

Michel

V Pod Operations were only meant to be available with two of the three engine types on the 744.

Try all three to see which ones are modelled?

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

I haven't searched for it, but have you tried the Quantas versions?

I haven't searched for it, but have you tried the Quantas versions?

No,

Clue:

Qantas fly two very similar engine types that cannot fly the V Pod.

Try searching by engine type.

How hard can this be  :hi:

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Michel, Marc,

Load the Qantas RR (VH-OJM) livery, and go to PMDG Setup->Aircraft->Equipment - it's listed as 5th Engine pod on page 17.

No,

Clue:

Qantas fly two very similar engine types that cannot fly the V Pod.

Try searching by engine type.

How hard can this be  :hi:

Hi Steve

I know you're keen to help out on every topic, but maybe consider holding back, reading the poster's concern clearly and giving a helpful reply that will allow them to experience the product they've purchased to their full enjoyment? 

• Upvote 4

What's a quantas?  :Tounge:  :Tounge:  :Tounge:  :Tounge:  :Tounge:

• Upvote 1

Sean McCormack | Virgin Australia | i7 8700K @ 5.2Ghz | Asus Maximus XI | G.Skill RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200MHZ | Asus STRIX-GTX1080Ti | 2 x Samsung 850 EVO SSD RAID 0 | Corsair HX1000i  | Win 10 64bit | HTC Vive, HMD Odyssey, Oculus Rift-S and Pimax 5k+ | Twitch twitch.tv/djsean00 | Youtube youtube.com/djsean00

I've seen a QF744 fly over on the way to Singapore carrying the 5th engine. It's a bizarre sight.

The option is available for the RR type engines only.

It is more than a visual artifact.

The 5th engine planes have a different performance database. You ll also need some rudder trim to fly straight after take off due to modelled 5th pod drag. Enjoy!

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

The option is available for the RR type engines only.

It is more than a visual artifact.

The 5th engine planes have a different performance database. You ll also need some rudder trim to fly straight after take off due to modelled 5th pod drag. Enjoy!

Thank you, and how to get it???  I took a 747 with RR engines but dont know how to put the 5th engine

Thank you, and how to get it???  I took a 747 with RR engines but dont know how to put the 5th engine

I supposed you can do that on the FMC, PMDG setup options, after loading a RR equipped 747. Haven't tried this yet, but I will.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Excuse my ignorance but why do they do this - carry the v pod?

Excuse my ignorance but why do they do this - carry the v pod?

Easier to stuff it on a revenue flight than coordinate shipping it via other means. Broken plane at a destination you serve? Send it on a revenue flight under the wing.

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers