Sign in to follow this  
KJConlon

Throttle mapping

Hopefully a simple question. For those of us who only have a 2 engine throttle quadrant, how are you mapping? 1&2 and 3&4 or 1&3 and 2&4?  

Thanks

Kevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

Not that I have the 747-400V3 at all, but I do have the A2A Constellation, which I run with a Warthog HOTAS and TQ6 Virtualfly throttle quadrant. I have the 4 engines mapped 1/2 3/4 to the HOTAS throttle levers and use the TQ6 for gear, flaps and so on... I certainly wouldn't use 1/3 2/4 as it breaks the symmetry, maybe you could also use 1/4 and 2/3 though, which would retain the thrust symmetry...

Happy flying!

A

I tried mapping with FSUIPC, which I assume you are doing, and found that one pair would work as expected but the other pair (3&4) would work once then fail to return to idle.  I gave up, waste of time.  I just use the generic THROTTLE assignment and move all four together.

Dan Downs KCRP

I tried mapping with FSUIPC, which I assume you are doing, and found that one pair would work as expected but the other pair (3&4) would work once then fail to return to idle.  I gave up, waste of time.  I just use the generic THROTTLE assignment and move all four together.

You're a beta tester, correct? I just snagged the Queen last night and am trying to get my control mappings in place before I dive in. I bought FSUIPC but put it in the proverbial hangar due to issues with my PC (for some reason, and I honestly can't remember, my entire FSUIPC profiles would get erased). There was another issue too, but it was so long ago that I can't remember. 

Anyways, I stuck with FSX mapping because I only flew the NGX and 777, and because both were the exact same when it came to my Saitek Yoke, Dual Throttle, and Rudder Pedal configurations, FSX did just fine. 

I would prefer to assign the left throttle axis to engines 1&2 and the right to 3&4 as above. Meaning I have to use FSUIPC for the Queen. 

Are you still mapping through FSX (or P3d)? Have you gone back to FSUIPC? Did you ever figure out why you were having your problem and if any other Beta testers experienced the same thing? On a similar note, do you know if there were other Beta testers that used a dual throttle quadrant, and if so, how did they map their controls?

Thanks Dan,

William 

Are you still mapping through FSX (or P3d)? Have you gone back to FSUIPC?

I remain with my controller assigned within P3D and use the default single throttle assignment for the four holer.  It works great with a two engine set up, not going to buy another throttle... , Warthog is pretty expensive.

Not sure what others on the team did, in general we represent what the customer base looks like.  Some use inexpensive controllers, others that very expensive four throttle set up with yokes and MCP panels. The only thing we have in common is too much time on our hands.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan, I honestly don't know how I would operate two warthog throttle units with one hand LOL! The two levers are quite a handful on their own.

I had this "problem" in the A2A Constellation.

A

I've assigned 1/4 and 2/3 using FSUIPC and it has been "no problemo."

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam