Sign in to follow this  
ChristianH

[P3D v3.3 HF2] CTD api.dll

Hi folks,

I've a weird issue caused by Reboot in P3D v3.3 HF2 using voice commands.

Everything works perfectly fine throughout the entire flight. But when I vacate the runway after landing and order "ok to clean up" either by voice or using the speedbrake trigger P3D crashes with a fatal error. The event monitor states as failed module the api.dll.

The sim has been installed freshly yesterday together with the NGX and Reboot. Any ideas or hints how to solve that issue? As this is the only issue up to now it realy annoys me...

BRGDS

Christian Hoch

Hi Christian,

Please ensure the On-Line ATC option is set to "NO" in the FS2Crew Config Menu.

Set it to no even if you're using Vatsim, etc.

Let me know if that solves it for you.

There a known issue between P3D V3 and the Squawkbox client.

Great! Thanks a lot, Bryan. Now I´ve completed my first flight from gate to gate. The other four all ended up near the runway  :BigGrin:

Maybe you could give me a hint in another issue. I´m used to undock the FS2Crew windows (the bar and the secondary) onto my second display (same model and resolution). But when I close one of them the frame around it disappears but the "picture" remains on the desktop. To get rid of it I´ve to refresh the desktop (right mouse click > refresh). I´m using Win7 Home with a native 1920x1080 resolution.

Any idea ´bout this one?

BRGDS

Christian Hoch

I´ve figuered it out, nothing to do with Reboot.

I´ve switched the design from the classic Windows style to the default Dell style which blends windows in and out in a more stylish way. That solved my problem.

With the MS simulators it was recommended to switch the Windows style to the classic one to save performance. It´s been like that since the release of WinXP, just a couple of years ago :D While switching to P3D on Win7 I didn´t think about any difficulties caused by the changed design.

Thx Bryan for your help with the other issue!

BRGDS

Christian Hoch