Sign in to follow this  
Ephedrin

Flaps and gear lever movement lags the Sim

Hello,

first thanks a LOT for an amazing 747, VAS management, overall performance and and and.

I have a pretty nice system, i7 6700k, GTX 970, DDR4 Ram and so on, my P3D settings are already lowered for the airliners due to the 32bit stuff but with the slow movement animation of the Gear and Flaps levers my Sim lags extremely. When I drop or rise the gear using my yoke button and looking forward it's ok, but as soon as I look at the gear lever and click on it for the off postition I get stutters of around 1-2 seconds and fear a CTD everytime. exactly the same with the flaps lever. looking forward --> everything fine. looking at the lever --> lags.

Don't get me wrong please, I absolutely love the little things you did to make this 747 feel like you were sitting in a cockpit instead in front of your PC. But as I didn't find a possibility to deactivate or speed up this eye candy movement, would it be possible to add this in a future update? OR, is there a possibility to put the lever to off via FSUIPC without looking at and clicking on it? No LUA please.. 

The slowly moving turn knobs like the autobrakes or IRS knobs don't affect this behaviour. it's really just these two levers.

=)

Thanks

Marc

• Upvote 1

I have the same issue, it's on all PMDG aircraft for me. The animations don't match the fps of what I am actually getting in my sim.

Just out of curiosity what is your GPU load while this is happening? Seems to me the 747 is pushing the GTX 970 to the max. I have two friends that are running 970 and there cards are maxed out nearly 100% load.

Dan

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

My activity for my CPU doesnt pass 30% (FSX + Sim addons only things running) and GPU doesnt pass 60%.

Just out of curiosity what is your GPU load while this is happening? Seems to me the 747 is pushing the GTX 970 to the max. I have two friends that are running 970 and there cards are maxed out nearly 100% load.

Dan

that's a good question, I will check it out.