Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

Conflicted and need help (possibly psychological)

I guess we all have different views...LOL...But at the end it is our time and I call this simulation and not the game. I can't imagine flight without VATSIM. Yes, in the beginning was intimidating, however with every single flight it got much easier and I was able to understand these guys finally. But brings such a huge impact on realism that at the times I think I am at the real airplane landing at the busy airport.

That's me, now when I fly with my VA I am getting unhappy when in uncontrolled Air space.

For Flight plans for NGX, extension is .rte NOT .PLN (that one is used by Aerosoft and others). Importing plans is very easy from SimBrief....Just create account, it is free and there are few tutorial videos there. Very accurate and easy to use. I could go into depth here if you want, but you will find lot's of answers there.

Let us know if you need more help...... :smile:

Thanks for the advice everyone. I did pick up PATC and I like it so far. Downloading the freeware voice packs helps a quite a bit, but I am still working through the nuances. I am using the QW757 to start out, because I am much more familiar with the aircraft than the NGX. Still, I think I'll be gravitating to the NGX in a couple days. 

You can use the default ATC and NGX and fly IFR. You'll most of the time be able to fly the SID, but the STAR won't be possible as the FSX ATC will try to vector you. You can ignore the vectoring and just fly the star anyway, though. You'll have to put up with "please expidite your turn to...." a hundred times, though.

Here's how you do it.

1) Get a third party route planner like FS Commander

2) make sure the NGX and the 3rd party planner is updated with the same AIRAC cycle

3) Create flight plan, save as FSX flight plan AND NGX

4) Load flight plan in FSX flight planner

5) Load flight plan in the NGX

6) Make sure the flight plans are identical

7) Request IFR and fly

Easy

Andre

I thought about going in this direction and the flight planner from PATC seems to fit the bill as it is, but you still have to deal with ATC ignoring speed/alt restrictions. Abiding those restrictions seems like it would be helpful when flying over mountainous terrain.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Thanks for the advice everyone. I did pick up PATC and I like it so far. Downloading the freeware voice packs helps a quite a bit, but I am still working through the nuances. I am using the QW757 to start out, because I am much more familiar with the aircraft than the NGX. Still, I think I'll be gravitating to the NGX in a couple days. 

I thought about going in this direction and the flight planner from PATC seems to fit the bill as it is, but you still have to deal with ATC ignoring speed/alt restrictions. Abiding those restrictions seems like it would be helpful when flying over mountainous terrain.

Descending into FAGG the other day, ATC clears me to the final intercept altitude BEFORE crossing a mountain range that is a tad HIGHER than 3000.  I climbed to a safe altitude and then down to 3000 once I was over the mountains, ATC never complained about me NOT being at 3000.  It's like they were clearing me to my altitude and assumed I knew about the mountains, and would only descend once crossing them.  There was no STAR available and it being default scenery, I don't know why ATC missed it.  The MAP takes you out over the sea, for obvious reasons as well and most approaches will take you out over the sea and back to the airport, thereby avoiding the nearby mountains.

Yep, it's a solution, but not necessarily a good one. Vatsim is the best solution for ATC authenticity. Nothing beats Vatsim with full atc, although you'll find yourself flying on unicom quite alot outside popular areas, and you need to be present. No afk-ing and time compression and then come back at TOD to land.

Yep, it's a solution, but not necessarily a good one. Vatsim is the best solution for ATC authenticity. Nothing beats Vatsim with full atc, although you'll find yourself flying on unicom quite alot outside popular areas, and you need to be present. No afk-ing and time compression and then come back at TOD to land.

I couldn't agree more....! VATSIM brings me back to my kids dreams about flying real planes....LOL