Sign in to follow this  
bjapp677

Where is my topic? "Wing model V.S. fuel quantity"

Can not find it today, did you just delete it? 

Is there something I need to know about it?

• Upvote 3

Bai Jian

I do hope there is an explanation for this, because deleting posts in a Support Forum is a refusal of communication and unacceptable for any payware product no matter how small, insignificant, unsolvable or irrelevant the issue may be.

• Upvote 7

BTW. the topic was about wing tip second drooping way too much even with few fuel loaded.

• Upvote 1

Bai Jian

BTW. the topic was about wing tip second drooping way too much even with few fuel loaded.

FWIW I agree with the original post. I landed at RJAA after a 9 hour flight with 23t fuel and the wing tips drooped like a fully loaded A380.

• Upvote 2

David Porrett

Bai,

One of the admins elected to kill it because there was so much bogus conjecture from uninformed sources going in about 300 unrelated directions that it was creating a false narrative from which it was hard to really determine the point of the original conversation.

I know it is hard to believe, but there really are people who just wander through forums looking for things to complain about even when they don't have any actual information to offer other then "yeah what he said!" or something even less informed.  :P

No!  Really!  This DOES happen on the internet!  (I know- you are shocked, right?)

In the mean time:  I have a rundown of the valid items that came up and I'll take a run through them in the debugger at some point here over the next week or so. One of the items I want to look at is the mass distribution of fuel along the spar to see if too much weight is too far out on the wing.  That would certainly cause the spar to flex much further than it should.

We have also asked our tech advisers to review some of the details and evaluate them against the feedback they gave us already- so we will see where it leads.  By the time we are done hitting them up for more information, I think they will be pretty sick of the discussion around rigidity and eigenvalues and the like.   B) 

I'll keep you posted on where it leads.

And for anyone who doesn't like that we will occasionally kill a thread that wonders into 200 directions of nonsensical uninformed babble...  Apply for a job as a forum moderator.  It will change your life.  :fool:

• Upvote 12

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks Rob! I haven't bought it yet, but just posted in another similar topic about this wing droop and said "maybe they did model it right, but some glitch is preventing it from displaying properly". Also, I figured yall would get to it after initial release support. Turns out that was correct!

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

One of the items I want to look at is the mass distribution of fuel along the spar to see if too much weight is too far out on the wing.  That would certainly cause the spar to flex much further than it should.

That would definitely explain part of it, the other part being that even emptied of all fuel it is flexed further than it should be...  thanks for looking in to it Robert.

Joseph Chamberlain

FAA ADX

In the mean time:  I have a rundown of the valid items that came up and I'll take a run through them in the debugger at some point here over the next week or so. One of the items I want to look at is the mass distribution of fuel along the spar to see if too much weight is too far out on the wing.  That would certainly cause the spar to flex much further than it should.

We have also asked our tech advisers to review some of the details and evaluate them against the feedback they gave us already- so we will see where it leads.  By the time we are done hitting them up for more information, I think they will be pretty sick of the discussion around rigidity and eigenvalues and the like.    B)

Thank you RR, Its the only visual aspect that stood out, and only on the ground. In the air it looks perfect.

Thanks Robert it's good to hear that! Sorry if I brought too much noise on this issue.

Bai Jian

Bai,

Is okay!

We are perfectly capable of errors along the way, so it never hurts to ask.

• Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks Robert,

I thought it was kind of odd to delete threads without any kind of notice, so I was indeed quite shocked at first. But I am glad you found the time to offer an explanation and happy to see you are looking into it.

Cheers,

Amadeo

Robert,

If its of any help, the wing droop seems normal during the 20 second initialization period when first loading the sim... then once its all initialized the spar becomes a rubber beam